Ikari One-Shot - So Festive

Holiday One-Shot. Christmas in June anyone?

Dawn hastily looked down to her boots. She could feel glares upon her as she entered the party, and in an effort to shield herself from any embarrassment she quickly glanced up and scanned the room for her best friend May.

Of course, she was cozied up next to her boyfriend, Drew. They were both decked out in red and green. Drew had tinsel falling from his ugly sweater and May had on Rudolph makeup and antlers. Both were completely on theme with the aesthetic of the room. They'd always go all out for their annual christmas shebang.

Before even walking into the room she could hear the chaotic sounds. When she walked in, it was even louder, bombastic and being drowned out by the crowd of people screaming and dancing along to Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You.'

Dawn stifled a laugh as she had just barely arrived, and many were already passed out. But of course, many others were grinding or making out under the mistletoe. And that's where the blunette became nervous. At the sight of the plant, she gulped, knowing what could possibly come with it.

The girl had never really had her first kiss, unless second grade counted, but she was completely obsessed with the idea of what romance fell underneath that very plant. She wanted to feel how May and Drew felt each Christmas, but she knew it was really a long shot.

So the girl mingled with most everyone at the party, until Paul Ikari arrived. That was the boy she'd been crushing on for years, with his icy gaze and luscious hair falling into it. Though they were polar opposites, Dawn couldn't help but fall for his mysterious vibe and little to no charm. Especially because he had singlehandedly created the nickname Troublesome.

With a slight amount of alcohol in her body, the girl made it her mission to get kissed by him tonight. So she quickly walked by his side, with no real strategy to back up her tipsy courage.

"Hey Ikari!"

"Troublesome," he greeted. Only slightly tipping his head with no inflection in his voice.

"So what are you up to tonight?" The girl stood on her tiptoes, but was just able to make it to his shoulders.

"I'm obviously here, so nothing."

As they were 'talking,' Dawn grabbed his wrists and pulled him to a spot where they'd have mistletoe above them. Though, Paul realized her whole charade, when he looked up to the ceiling. He sternly exclaimed, "Okay what's the game, Berlitz?"

Defeated, Dawn shrugged. "I'm sorry, I just didn't want to be alone this season so I really wanted someone to kiss me under the mistletoe. My best friend is in a relationship and at this time of year it always gets lonely. Plus I've never even had my first kiss, so I guess I just wanted to—"

Almost like a movie, Paul had interrupted the girl with a kiss. It was mostly to shut her up, but he fulfilled her wish with the short and sweet gesture. And to his shock, he didn't detest it.

When they pulled back from it, Dawn was beat red, but Paul could only smirk.

"See you around, Troublesome."

Mission accomplished.