Chapter 23: Ceecee, Friend or Foe?

I am pleasantly surprised to see how the renovations of the hotel is going on. They've hardly started over two weeks ago but the kitchen and storage expansion is mostly done and bathroom additions to all of the rooms on the third and second floors have already been completed. The new bathrooms are modern but I insisted on keeping the existing bathrooms to be kept as they are and only be restored to their former glory.

The contractors explain to me during our meeting and inspection that restoration of the rest of the building will be done after all additions and renovations. We then swatch paint colors to capture the right shades for my vision. I'm fairly satisfied and with the information that renovations will be done by the fourth week, I am beaming from ear to ear as I jot down in my planner a trip to take find furnishings with the interior designer. This is probably my favorite part-having to mix and match to make a space come together in a coherent but still with some personality. I don't really love the typical sterile and impersonal hotel rooms.

I'm sitting out at the back porch overlooking the hedge maze. Landscaping of the grounds will start once renovations are done but the huge expanse of land beyond the hedge maze has already been grazed to make way for the golf course and I could see the man-made mini lake being dug out at the distance. I could already picture our first event taking place out here, where the altar will be set up and where the banquet will be laid out. This hotel will be the talk of London after Cecilia's wedding.

The buzzing of my phone snaps me out of my daydream and a smile instantly spreads across my face at Hero's face flashing on the screen.

"Hey," I answer almost immediately.

"Hello, love." God, I love it when he says that. How is it that English men have the manliest voice mixed with the sexiest accent? That's just unfair to everyone else. "What time would you want me to fetch you?"

I look down at my watch and see that it's still three in the afternoon. "Five would be perfect."

"Alright. I'll call you when I'm on my way. See you later, baby."

I'm just about to bid Hero goodbye when a female voice calls me from behind and I turn around to see a smiling Cecilia coming out from the building.

"Hi, Jo," she says just loud enough for me to hear from this distance.

"Hey, wasn't expecting you'd be coming today," I tell her, covering my phone before excusing myself to her by turning my body to one side and whispering to Hero on the phone, "Baby, I have to talk to a client. I'll see you later. I love you, bye." I don't wait for his response, ending the call and turning my attention back to Cecilia as I tuck my phone to the back pocket of my white pants.

"I was just coming to see how the work is coming along. I came with my wedding planner and her team," she smiles, motioning to a group of five wandering about the grounds, some taking notes while some taking photos with their phones.

"I hope you're happy with the way things are moving along?" I anxiously ask.

"Oh, it's perfect, Jo. You have nothing to worry about. I'm really excited with what you're trying to do with this property. So romantic and I could only imagine how picture-perfect this will turn out for our wedding photos," she swoons dreamily and I can't help but giggle at her comment.

"I'm so glad to hear that. Based on our timeline, we'll even have a spare week before your wedding for the hotel to be completely ready with all the furnishings," I say, a tad bit boastful in my tone.

"Well aren't you quite the perfectionist?" She teases which makes me laugh. "Hey, would you be interested in being my consultant?"

"Consultant? For what?" I ask in confusion.