┊2. two

*·˚ ༘ ➳〔 nate's perspective... 〕 ࿐ ࿔*:🖇
💌 | staring...!

"Jesus. How long does it take to buy tickets?" I mutter.

Cooper sighs, rubbing his forehead. "You're so impatient sometimes, Nate. Anyways, what's the seating plan the girls agreed on?"

I search my mind. I faintly remember Addy telling me that it would be Cooper, Bronwyn, Addy then me.

"Uh, it's you, Addy, Bronwyn then me."

Cooper raises an eyebrow. "You're sitting next to Bronwyn? Is that a good idea?"

I glance over at Addy and Bronwyn. Damn. That girl. Her hair is down and hanging over her shoulders. She's wearing a short dress and stylish boots. If she sat, her dress would ride up to her thighs...

"Nate!" Cooper snaps.

I jerk my head towards him. "Huh?"

Cooper facepalms. "I saw you staring, man."

I shrug. "I was staring at Addy."

"Yeah right. You're so not over her. I don't even know how you guys broke up. If Kris and I broke up-"

"Yeah yeah. You'd be devastated and all that crap. I'm not sad. I'm hardly upset. Look, I can stare at Bronwyn. She's hot. Just because I stare at her doesn't mean I'm in love with her."

Cooper shrugs. "Sure, believe what you want."

I walk up to the desk, smiling. The concierge is a pretty girl; she looks about my age.

"Hey there." I grin.

"Hi, how can I help you?"

My eyes flick back to Cooper, who's hands are in his pockets. He's wandering around, looking at the movies coming out.

I decided to show him I'm really not in love with Bronwyn. "Can I get four tickets to Ringu?"

"Sure. Hold on a second."

"So, is this a summer job or something?"

She briefly looks up from what she's doing, and her eyes widen. "O-Oh! You're Nate Macauley!"

"Yeah. I am."

"You were involved in the suicide!"

"Yes. I was." I'm getting tired of this girl's high-pitched voice.

"Y'know... when you were all over the news, I always had a little crush on you."

I raise an eyebrow. Now we're getting somewhere. "Did you, now?"

"Even though you were a suspect for murder, your looks took care of it." She chuckles.

I laugh with her. She glances behind me, her eyes widening. "Oh, you're with Bronwyn, Addy and Cooper!"

"Yeah, but I could make up an excuse..."

The girl turns and looks me right in the eyes. "Aren't you dating Bronwyn?"

"No. Not anymore."

"Why not? Nate, you're still in love with her. You can't stop staring at her. You can't stop thinking about her. Your heart flutters everytime you two touch."

"H-Huh?"

"Nate?"

I snap back to reality. The girl's standing in front of me, looking worried. Cooper's next to me, arm around my shoulder.

"Heeey, bro. You were staring into space while muttering something."

"W-Was I?"

"You good?"

I shake my head. "I'm fine. Let's just get the tickets and go."

We finish the exchange, and we walk back to the girls.

Cooper whispers to me. "Don't forget what I said about Bronwyn."

I nod ever so slightly. "Right."

└➤ a/n: hello! i hope you're enjoying the new version of this book :)

i love you all, make sure to take care of yourself <3