Chapter 2

Leah's POV:

"Uh, Em...." I anxiously said.

"Yeeeeees.." she replied, propping herself up on her bed.

"I think I'm starting like Luke a little...already." I said it straight. There was a bit of a tense pause, followed by a smirk slowly tugging at Emily's cheeks.

"I knew it!! Don't worry, you'll probably get in there sooner or later." She seemed pretty supportive of this, which is good. I'm glad that she doesn't have a soft spot for him, because I don't want to fight over a boy with my best mate! I'm also glad that she doesn't find it weird that I already fancy one of the boys after one day. Surely she has a bit of a crush on one of them too?

----------------

THE NEXT DAY

School wasn't so bad, if you call being treated like you're thick and unable to figure things out just because you're new, "not so bad". Besides that, we had our new attractive friends to get to know better, so maybe school wasn't so bad after all, today. It's kind of strange not to have made any female friends yet, though.

Later on at home, I was texting Luke. He really is so funny. The boys told me about him and his selfie-taking-syndrome at lunch and were taking the piss out of him for doing it. I found it so adorable, though. I mean, if you were that good-looking why not take a load of pictures of yourself?!

"So what are you doing this Friday then? ;) xx" he texted.

I composed a reply, which read, "I doubt I'm doing anything, why? ;)) xx"

My phone quickly buzzed again. "Well we are having a house party and quite a few people in our school year are coming, so you and Em can come along socialize with them. Most of them are alright once they get talking(: xx"

"Sounds like fun! We will be there!!.xx"

I didn't even ask Emily if she was going to come. I knew that she would squeal and maybe have a fit on top. She loves the boys already, as do I, so her answer would definitely be yes. And we would make some new friends.

---------------

When I told Em about the party, I had calm her down. "OH WOW, we have to go to the shopping mall place, or whatever they call it here, to buy an outfit!!! I don't think we should dress up too much, but It's an excuse to get new gear!" She squealed. She gets hyped up so easily! She must want to impress them. So do I - I want to impress Luke.

TWO DAYS LATER (THURSDAY!)

Emily's POV:

We basically sprinted home from school today. Probably not as fast as Usain Bolt, but it was pretty good for two teenage girls who weren't really into sport. I guess Leah and I can't wait to find a nice outfit for tomorrow night's party! It's a bit sad, really, to be this excited about going clothes shopping, but we wanted to explore this mall because it was a completely new place to us.

As soon as we entered the house, we were up the stairs and dressed in casual clothes. We piled into my auntie's car and drove straight to the mall.

"Right, where should we start?" Leah asked me, as we stood in front of the shiny automatic doors which led into the MASSIVE shopping complex.

"Uhhmmm...I'm not too sure." I giggled.

We stepped inside. It wasn't particularly busy, as it was only a Thursday, but there was still a fair amount of people inside. They would be handy to ask if we got lost or something.

I scanned the vicinity, taking in the noisy-ish atmosphere of the place. I fixed my vision on a Forever 21 store. Amazing.

"Do you see a Forever 21 or is it just me?" I nudged her arm. She looked back and put on an evil face.