• | 10 | • Altschmerz

DEFINITION | weariness with the same old issues that you've always had

✰✰☀︎✰✰

Rosalie Jenkins

We fell into deep silence, nothing but the loud claps of thunder shuttering above us and the rain hammering down onto the roof.

He was still wet, droplets of rain dripping down off his dark hair and onto his shoulders before landing in a puddle on the ground.

I forced myself to look elsewhere because I could feel his eyes burning through me.

"Rosalie?" I hear iris' soft melodic voice getting closer and closer along with her light foot steps.

She has a lot of explaining to do. How comes I didn't know that the wet rat in front of me here was my boss? He owned the freaking place!?

"Zion it's nice to see you again" She smiles as soon as she sees us standing in silence awkwardly.

Zion? That's his name? I knew it wasn't Lucifer because he doesn't look like the type of person to be called that on a daily basis.

"You too iris" He nods, turning his face slightly to look her way.

So he was immune to iris' smile? Iris had that type of smile that was very contagious, just one look and you could be captured.

But when has he ever smiled? He is usually just emotionless or smirking with those god damned dimples.

I might actually be scared the day I see him smile. The devil smiling? Nope I just can't imagine that happening anytime soon.

"Why don't you go home honey? I don't think anyone is going to be coming here tonight"

great, there is no chance Zion would be letting me take the bus home now. I refuse to get into his car after what happened the last time and I sure hope he knows that.

I think I now have a phobia of cars... especially if the driver is a maniac who tries to kill you.

"No it's okay I can close the diner, you can go home" I am quick to protest, watching as Zion raises his brow to challenge me.

"go home." Is all Iris demands before walking away to the back.

Oh for fucks sake.

How can I refuse her? She has been here for me since I started working here and even before that, she always looked out for me.

I know exactly what I will be doing when I get home. Getting under the covers and watching the thunder and lightning strike.

Now I know that Zion wouldn't be killing me, maybe I could reconsider getting in a car with him again. I will give him one more chance and if he screws it up then that's that.

Not saying another word, I walk out to the back and grab my bag before quickly saying bye to iris. If Zion suddenly decides to kill me now then she would be the last person I would have talked to.

I'm trusting you to call the cops iris.

He is standing in the same spot as I left him in a few minutes ago as I walk past him and out the front door, letting the bells ring when I open it.