• | 16 | • Halloween | PT 1

Honey, I rose up from the dead,
I do it all the time
I've got a list of names and yours is in red, underlined.

Look what you made me do ~ Taylor Swift

✰✰☀︎✰✰

Rosalie Jenkins

Halloween

Today was the day I had been dreading for weeks. The one and only Halloween night that only happened once a year.

Zion told me not to come back to the diner because it was dangerous but I couldn't just sit around and do nothing all night.

I was letting him walk free after he just murdered someone. And once again I was living with the guilt of watching someone die right in front of me. I did nothing about it.

I tried to tell myself that they were all bad people but in the end they were all human beings with a family who loved them.

My night was now wasted. I felt too upset to go anywhere.

I could still go to Elise's Halloween party with Charlotte but then again I didn't feel like going anywhere near Elise's house.

Not after the last time I was there.

A year ago today in fact. Gosh, time has really gone by fast hasn't it? It felt like just yesterday I was stuck in a endless cycle of bad habits. The day I began losing myself.

I decided to just watch some Netflix in bed after another hard day at school. And that's on Charlotte annoying me.

Why did she want me to go to that party so bad? She knows exactly what happened the last time I was there so why would she want me to go through that pain again?

I know I won't endure that same pain ever again but the memories of that night was still fresh in my mind. It never left.

I still think about it every day. Would I be different? Would I be more confident if things never ended the way it did?

I definitely wasn't the same person I was a year ago.

But shit happens and it's your problem to deal with it. Think of it as a test, you can either pass it or fail it miserably.

Everybody had a coping mechanism and mine was storing it away and saving it for later. Think of it as a fridge.

The sound of my bedroom door bursting open suddenly makes me look up from my phone and squint into the darkness.

The only person who dared to do that was Cole or Charlotte so it's either one of them. I've had to have countless of new doors because of them.

Which reminds me..I must tell Charlotte to stop doing that or else my mom won't replace it the next time. And I need a door at all times.

My room was the only place I felt safe. I am in my own little bubble where I feel comfortable without having to care about anything.

But right now whoever was standing at my door was popping my bubble. It's like letting cold air into a hot room. The warmth burning out and replaced with the cold air.