• | 14 | • Birchwell Fun Fair & Circus | PT 1

✰✰☀︎✰✰

Rosalie Jenkins

It was now 2 days before Halloween and just under 24 hours since I found out about Oliver being Cole's son.

24 hours of living in utter hell.

This morning I went to school extra early so that I didn't have be in a house with Oliver. He made me feel so uncomfortable with his words and the deep meaning behind them.

I didn't sleep at all last night because of my stupid fear of him coming into my room and murdering me with a sharp knife stolen from the kitchen.

He basically threatened me last night, if not then he was warning me about something. I tried not to let him get the sadistic satisfaction of me being scared of him so I thought keeping my distance would be a good idea.

But when has running away from the problems ever solved anything? I've learned from the past and I promised I would never make that mistake again.

As much as I regret all my past mistakes, every single little decisions I have made has led me up to this moment in time.

There might have been things that I could have done differently but if I could go back and change it, every would be different.

It would have messed up my course in life. I like thinking of it as roots.

I was stupid to not get any sleep last night because now my body felt weak but I pushed myself to do the best I could. Throughout the day, I found myself daydreaming to the point where I could no longer separate the reality to the dream.

My life was a twisted mess of roots that had sunken deep into the ground with no way out. Maybe one day I will see the flower blossom. I felt like I was buried down into the ground with my own mistakes, making it even harder for me to dig my way up.

Deep down I knew that the only way to get out was to own up to my mistakes and fix them, but forgiveness was my weakness.

I always saw the good in people, even if they did terrible unforgivable things. I mean the devil was once a angel so that could mean something right?

I believed that people could change even if they were amenable to be changed and reluctant to become a better version of themselves.

It's their attitude to life that matters. If they want to be a good person then there is no point going back to their bad habits and restarting the never ending cycle.

Too caught up in my daydreams, I forgot that the fun fair was arriving here tonight which meant that I had to help Iris set up some of the stalls. By the time I got to the diner after school, the field next to it was already beginning to fill up with all the fair ground rides.

Halloween was a very popular thing in our town and was considered as a must do thing to celebrate.

Everyone loved it but I just couldn't seem to see what the hype was about it. To be honest young kids shouldn't even be allowed to go to the fair due to the excessive amounts of alcohol and drugs being sold at the stands.

That was what it was all about wasn't it?

It wasn't even about the fair anymore, just the perfect time to get high and drunk without getting caught.