Day Four

I woke up with a start. I didn't know where I was at the moment and I was freezing! I looked down and saw Bobby had hogged the blankets. Oh, we're going to be discussing this later. No one was awake yet. I looked over my shoulder at Bobby sleeping. He looked like a perfect little puppy who got to sleep with his favorite toy. I felt myself smiling. We had kissed last night and it was one of the best kisses of my life. My eyes wandered over at the rest of the couples. Rahim looked content and snuggled up to Priya. But for me, I was still nervous about how Bobby made me feel. But, Noah, he said to try and accept being scared. Speaking of Noah, I am going to assume Hope is his soulmate cause I couldn't deal with that snoring in my ear all night!

I got up and went up to the roof for a quick minute to be alone. I needed to be alone with my thoughts. Bobby's face was still at the front of my mind. But his face morphed into a face from my past.

"Darling, please, they'll love you!" Neil said, smiling his perfect smile against his red freckles. The glittering diamond necklace was draped around my neck. His adorable goofy grin was all the comfort I needed. He made me laugh and his hazel eyes danced as the matching diamond ring reached his face to kiss. He had proposed the day after my reign ended. I had won Miss America and had just lost Miss World a few weeks ago. I was so miserable. Neil took me to pick up my ring. He was my college sweetheart. He knew me inside and out. His family was very wealthy and had been asking to meet me. They were lovely people. They treated me like a daughter. But that night, our engagement party, I got a message that changed my world. I had been staring at my necklace when an email popped in.

You don't know who he is. That's all it said and then dozens of pictures flooded my phone. Neil during college at frat parties doing unspeakable things to women. Neil at the Miss America dressing room flirting with other contestants, his hands going up her skirt, Neil at Miss World in bed with the winner the night before the event. He had said he had to go to bed early...

I sat down in my designer dress. I couldn't breathe. He had come back and saw me trembling. He had concern on his face and came to hold me. I shook him off me.

"Never touch me!" I screamed. He looked taken aback. He had never seen me angry because when I was he made a joke and made me laugh. I turned the phone towards him with eh images of him and Miss World in a position I had never been in with him. He became white with fear. I tore off the ring and the necklace and threw them at his face. I never saw Neil after that day. I couldn't face it. I found the first doctorate program the furthest away from home to get away from him.

I felt myself returning to the villa. Bobby reminded me so much of Neil. It was terrifying. I needed to get ready for the day. I went inside and I walked into a war zone. Lottie was going at Gary about Hannah. Ugh!

"Does this argument need to be had first thing in the morning?" I bellowed. Everyone turned to view me.

"Aren't you pissed?" Lottie questioned. I was sad Hannah left, but I'm not going to have a hissy fit about it. It's not like my best friend of 15 years was kicked off.

"Why are you so passionate, Lottie? What happened to you that makes you need to stick so closely to one person after knowing them a mere 3 days? Who abandoned you at a young age?" The psychologist came out to defuse this situation and put Lottie in her place. Her face went red and she turned away. Gary turned away and he and Lottie went in different directions. Bobby had been watching me.

"That was awkward. At least we've got each other in this madhouse!" he said putting his arm around me.

"Thank goodness," I said, sighing and closing my eyes. I don't know where that came from! I was about to get up when the ding came from Bobby's phone.