Chapter 11

Kinsey looked through the gate into the well house. Mischief was inside, sitting on top of the edge of the well with a smug look on his face.

"Well, this was a short-lived expedition," Adventurousness said.

"For you, maybe. But for us, it's taken all day," Kinsey said.

"I see you finally caught up with me," Mischief said, slow clapping.

"Give us the Head Key!" Kinsey said as she slipped through the gate—it was a tight squeeze, but she managed—taking Fear along with her. Fear clawed at Mischief, but Kinsey held him back from doing any damage.

"What makes you assume I have the Head Key?" Mischief slyly remarked.

"Enough playing around; we know you have it," Tyler said. He squeezed through the well house gate as well, only barely fitting through. "Bode's other feelings said they escaped because of you. We know you're the one behind all this."

"Yep, it's true," Curiosity said.

"I'd bet my life on it," Adventurousness said.

"Wow, what a bunch of traitors you all are." Mischief smirked. "After all I did for you, this is how you repay me?"

"You told us leaving Bode's head would be fun!" Anger yelled. "But it's done nothing but bring a bunch of trouble!"

"For once, I actually agree with you, Anger," Kinsey said. "So where's the Head Key, Mischief? Hand it over."

"Search me. I don't have it," Mischief said, showing that both his hands were empty.

Tyler grabbed Mischief and yanked him off the well. He padded him down thoroughly. "He's... right. He doesn't have the key on him," Tyler said.

"He must've hidden it somewhere. Where is it?" Kinsey said.

"Like I'd tell you," Mischief said. "You know I don't play like that. It's no fun to just give you the answer."

Tyler punched Mischief in the face.

"Tyler, no!" Kinsey held back Tyler's arm.

"The little shit isn't cooperating!" Tyler yelled. "Not to mention all the hell he put us through up until this point!"

"Still, he's our brother! You don't do that to him!"

"He's not our brother. Our brother isn't a little dick like he is. Besides, it's not like you can actually hurt feelings."

"Actually, Big Brother here is right," Mischief said as he rubbed his jaw where Tyler had punched him. "Ironically, the truth is, feelings can't be hurt. At least, not in any lasting way. See?" He showed off his jaw, which had no sign of damage whatsoever, as if it hadn't been hit at all.

"Just tell us where the key is," Tyler said.

"I'll just say this: the key is hidden somewhere in Keyhouse. But that's the only clue you're getting."

"At least that's a start. Come on, let's go." Kinsey squeezed back out the gate of the well house. "We're so close to finding the key now. With the help of all the Bodes, I'm sure we can find it in no time."

"That's assuming all the Bodes will be willing to help us," Tyler said as he followed Kinsey out of the well house.

"I'll help you find the key!" Adventurousness said.