Kabanata 9

RIAN

I KEEP MY mouth shut while they are still talking about the quest given by the SI. I don't really understand what they're talking about, and they keep mentioning hatching eggs, serpents, baptismal, and everything else. Mas naiintindihan ko pa iyong dinadaing ng tiyan ko. Mahapdi na ang sikmura ko at lihim na akong napapa-mura ng maalala na wala pa akong naging kain mula kagabi.

And the only food they have is some chips and brandy as a drink. Damn those jerks! Hindi ba sila nakakaramdam ng gutom man lang?

"How about the news, Hunter. Do you have contact from the media? Maingay masyado ang pag kilos mo." Drake asked with his flat tone.

Hunter just smirked at him, lay on his back, and draped his arms on the headrest of the couch.

As if he already expected Drake's question.

"Of course, I do. Don't worry about the media." he threw a glance at me, rolled my eyes, and tsked.

Kanina pa siya tingin ng tingin, naaasiwa na ako sa presensya niya. Na iinsulto at nab-bwisit ako sa pagmumukha niyang walang ibang alam gawin kung hindi hagurin ako ng tingin.

Ang manyak niya! Mas manyak pa siya kay Drake pero mas manyak pa rin si Luther ah!

Nakakainis! Bakit ba ako napadpad sa mundong to? Parang kahapon lang, normal pa ang buhay ko at ngayon? I don't really know what my life would be like in the next few days.

"Do you bribe or threaten them?" Uno hit up, and obviously, he knew Hunter wouldn't do anything from his choices; he wants to hear how Hunter deals with the situation.

"No, I don't bribe and threaten anyone, but I fuck." I rolled my eyes irritatedly. So, mas madali para sa kaniya ang umiyot kesa manuhol at manakot? Sabagay, hindi na ako magtataka, halata naman sa itsura ni Hunter na ang maging mangingiyot.

Napahawak na lang ako sa tiyan ko ng maramdaman iyong kumulo, hoping that this meeting will end very soon so I could eat some heavy foods.

I swallowed the dryness from my mouth and couldn't do anything but to take a glass of water when I noticed Drake's gesture, he stopped from playing his ring, and my eyes widened as he started drumming his fingers.

Parang slow motion din akong nag angat ng tingin sa kaniya. I saw how his press lips turned into a smirk, his eyes that were sharply staring at Hunter, but in just a snap, he glared at me, caught me watching him. I jerked and was about to move away when he abruptly grabbed my wrist.

Fear started to grow, my breath was getting deeper, and I couldn't think clearly. I want to shove his grip, but I don't want to get into trouble in front of Uno and Hunter.

Nawala ang gutom ko at tila gustong bumaliktad ng sikmura ko ng dahil sa sobrang kaba.

"Let's end this." they threw a glance at Luther, and I'm not sure if they noticed that he was no longer the Drake they're talking with a while ago.

His tone is far different from a calm Drake. Uno smirked and brushed his hair up. Hunter massages the bridge of his nose as he closes his eyes.

"You're such a fuck, Luther." Hunter shot back irritatedly, and I jerk. Did he call Drake as Luther? Seriously? They know about his alter?

I mean, yeah, Uno knew it because they are friends but with Hunter? I can't believe he knew this side of Drake.

"Don't mention it. I knew it." then he laughed, and sarcasm is evident in his tone. It didn't take so long when his eyes turned into evil ones.

"So don't mess with my young lady. I won't be afraid of you, Hunter," he warned, and he stood up, grabbed my wrist.

Ayoko man sumama ay wala akong magagawa kung hindi ang sumunod. Natatawang umiling si Uno sa akin habang si Hunter ay inis na napatingin kay Luther.