Chapter 21 - Captions

For someone who's gonna go on a simple Sunday afternoon tea, I was wearing a formal attire. Well, if I'm meeting this certain person, I have to. I don't want to embarrass myself.

I also didn't tell anyone, even Aramis, about my whereabouts or the person I'm meeting with. I simply told them that I have a prior appointment for this day bago ako tuluyang umalis sa pad ko without giving them a chance to ask further details.

I think that it was for the best since, the person I'm about to go and see was none other than, Gigi Cruz, one of the most distinguished and respected manager in the entertainment industry and she's also Greg's Mom.

I received a message from her last night, asking me to meet her privately.

Pinag-isipan ko ring mabuti kung ano ang dapat kong isagot sa kaniya. I didn't want to go pero naisip ko na maaaring importanteng bagay ang gusto nitong pag-usapan.

And yes, I did consider na she would also ask me about my previous relationship with her son and some things that may also concern with Zoe and her soon to be grandchild.

The moment I stepped out of my car, the attendant forthwith came to me and politely asked for my keys which I then gave. Two of the housemaids greeted me and they both led me to where Gigi is at the moment.

Maingat na tao si Gigi and as much as she can, she does avoid anything that would stain her reputation, the main reason why she asked me to come to her house, which was outside metro, so that the press won't be able to leak out any information concerning the both of us. At para na rin masinsinan kaming makapag-usap na dalawa.

Though having said that, talagang hindi nya rin napigilan ang sarili when her son got engaged to Zoe. Not that I can blame her for that reaction.

Hindi rin naman lingad sa kaalaman ng tao at ng mga nakakakilala sa amin kung gaano ako kagusto ni Gigi para sa anak nya, setting aside my reputation in the industry of course.

At this age, I already achieved a lot of things and I can proudly say na successful na ako sa mga nakamit ko yet, I'm still striving for more. Though, I came from a wealthy and prominent family, I also made a name for myself without their help.

Isa iyon sa nagustuhan ni Gigi sa akin and still, kahit hindi nito sabihin, I know that she's also been eyeing the connections that she can have from my family.

Breathing out, when the maids opened the door in the house's private room, I then plastered the usual smile I give her and the same curve formed on her lips upon seeing me.

"Hija, welcome." Masaganang bati nito sakin saka ito bumeso na agad ko ring tinanggap. "Have a seat first, hija. They will be serving our afternoon tea in a few." She continued at tumango naman ako.

"Hello, Tita. How are you po?" Nakangiting tanong ko rito.

Gigi's face turned a bit sour on my query, "I want to say that I'm doing fine but, unfortunately, I'm not. With all of the things that are happening."

"I shouldn't have asked." I sincerely replied.

"No, no. It's alright, hija. But of course, I guess you already know why I called you here." Medyo seryosong sabi nito. "I'm not gonna lie, I was all too shocked from what happened between the two of you, hindi ko inaakalang aabot lahat sa ganito. I may be Gregory's manager but, I'm still his Mother. And as his mother, I only want the best for my son."

Mariin lang akong nakinig rito, hindi pa rin naman naka-off ang bitch mode ko but, I'm at least not letting my smart mouth get the best of me. Kahit papaano ay may respeto pa din naman ako kay Gigi.