The Confession

~After school in the empty classroom~

Tanjiro: *gets his stuff ready to leave*

Kanao: *walks in behind him and tugs his shirt shyly*

Tanjiro: *turns around* "Oh hi Kanao-chan! Did you get to give him the gift?"

Kanao: *holds out the gift box of sweets towards him* "Well that's if he's willing to take it."

Tanjiro: *blushes in shock then realizes why Zenitsu and Inosuke were acting the way they did*

"Ooooooooh that's why, they didn't have to call me an idiot geez."

Tanjiro: *takes it* "Thank you Kanao-chan."

Kanao: *blushes shyly and tries to formulate words properly* "I-I-I umm-"

Tanjiro: *notices her shaking, holds her hands and speaks softly* "It's ok take your time I'm here to listen."

Kanao: *on the verge of tears* " This is all your fault you should take the responsibility for making me like this. Every time I'm with you my heart's on the floor and I can't focus. I just wanna be with you forever, every time you talk to me it's like time stops.*falls to the floor and cries* You're like the sun to me Tanjiro Kamado, you make my life so much brighter and it's all because... I love you."

Tanjiro: *kneels to the floor and hugs her*

Kanao: *cries*

Tanjiro: *kisses her forehead*

Kanao: *holds him tighter*

Tanjiro: *cups her face and wipes her tears* "You made my day and I'm happy for that."

Kanao: *sniffs* "Really?"

Tanjiro: *smiles* "You were willing to come out of your comfort zone even if you hated it. You put your mind to always try and talk to me no matter how much you stuttered, that was so precious to me."

Kanao: *blushes* "I-It wasn't a big deal or anything I-I-just wanted-"

Tanjiro: *holds her and kisses her* "I love you too."

Kanao: *face explodes*

Zenitsu: *walks in* "IT'S A SHIP EVERYBODY!!!"

Tanjiro and Kanao: *surprised*

The whole class: *walks in and celebrate*

Tanjiro and Kanao: *flustered* "HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HERE!!!"

Inosuke: *laughs* " He thinks we'd actually give him space, then my boy you don't know best friends."

Tanjiro: "You have a point there."

Zenitsu: "I have an idea why don't we name the ship Kanjiro!!!"

Inosuke: "I have an idea how about you shut your mouth cause you suck at ship names."

Everybody: *laughs*

Zenitsu: "ALL HAIL TANJIRO X KANAO!!!"

Everybody: "ALL HAIL TANJIRO X KANAO!!!"

~outside the school gate~

Zenitsu: "So you guys made it official yet?"

Tanjiro: *laughs* "Nah not yet." *feels a tug on his sleeve*

" *feels a tug on his sleeve*