The Party

I grabbed my bags from the hall and walked into the dark room. A minute later I heard the familiar metal barn door close behind me. "Welcome home sunshine," Brian said. "Welcome home." Just like magic the lights turned on and the gang jumped out in front of me. 

"Surprise!!!!!" I looked at everyone shocked that they would all do this for me. The measly teen who somehow got into all of their lives one by one. I saw Liz, Mel, Gus, and JR. Michael, Ben, and Hunter. Deb, Carl, Emmet, and Ted all were there. 

"Oh My God! I can't believe it! Brian Fucking Kinney! You did this all for me?" That was all I could get out at that moment. 

"Well no one else that has been in New York for 5 months is walking though that door so yes I did this all for you." He replied back, classic Brian sarcasm. Sometimes I can't stand it but most of the time I find it hilarious. He picked me up and carried me over into the living room. He dropped me on the couch in front of the gang. People were sitting on the other couch the chairs and even the floor. Brian sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around me. There was a dead silence for about a minute. 

"So...." I said then Deb opened her mouth and shouted at me. 

"Tell us about NYC, the big apple, the place where you have been for the past five months!" Everyone agreed and stared me down. 

"Where should I start?"

Then I told my whole story, Everything from looking for apartments, going to clubs, the food. I told them about everything you needed to know about NYC. Then we had dinner. A classic Debbie Novotney meal chicken parm. We all love it and gobble it down like we're eitheopans. I had missed this type of food made by Deb. I couldn't wait to go to the diner tomorrow morning. After dinner even after I told Brian I didn't want any gifts he handed me a small box in front of everyone. I looked at it and everyone looked at me. 

"Well I may be low when it comes to gifts, but I didn't get you the box, so open it," Brian said to me with a smile. With that I opened the small box and inside was a key chain with a few keys on it. 

"What's is this Brian?" 

"Well, I thought you'd like your keys back oh I also bought you a car." he said to me

"Oh my god Brian a car!" I was in absolute shock, my first car. 

"Yea I thought you'd like a nice Jeep, and a Ferrari." I can't believe it I was in shock all I could get out was. 

"A Ferrari?" He had to be kidding, but of course Brian never jokes around. He looked at me and then said, 

"You got two choices Babylon or we can stay here and maybe watch a movie. I looked at him and thought for a moment. I know that if we stayed home we'd be having sex, not watching a movie.If we want to Babylon though I knew it would include dinner before which would be nice. 

"Let's go to Babylon." I tell him. He looks at me proud. 

"Babylon it is." He says and with that we lock up the loft and get into the jeep.