Chapter 1

It was funny really,

how you made all that promise long ago only to still be empty handed up to the present. No ring adorning your finger and no partner to love. It came to the point where history took a turn, another death.

When has death ever been a common thing?

Maybe it always has been. It was the death of your friend's husband. Washington's right hand man.

Alexander Hamilton.

He died in the hands of the very man you adored, Aaron Burr.

You were torn in between comforting your friend or Burr, but you knew that you'll always choose the person you love. So you did, as soon as news spread you were there at his side. Aware that the event was a huge blow to Burr, aware that he was scared that's why.

Fear has always been like that keeping one's being trapped in its chains as it pulls you, submerging you in an ocean full of thoughts and insecurities locking you in a state of delirium. You know that's why you stayed. Keeping him company and providing comfort with hugs and encouraging words.

Maybe things are meant to stay like this.

You as a friend he can lean on, and him as the person you will only ever know to love.

It seems fate really loved to play.

~•~

Don't forget to vote please thank you ♥️