Chapter 8

Discrimination was something you have been accustomed to,

wether it be about your gender or how you sided with Aaron Burr even though the husband of your friend was killed by his very hands, you were used to it. So used to it that in fact it repulsed Burr how nonchalant you are. He never really noticed all the occasional sneers and looks of disappointment people give his way, and he also never noticed that all the disdain and hate he not once acknowledge are now towards you. It came to his attention that people didn't like the fact how he always blatantly ignores them, because to be honest he doesn't care about what people think. All he knows is that the pain and sorrow he felt in shooting Alexander has now dissipated and he already forgave himself. Apparently people can't just move on, for they moved all the attention to you, hating how loyal you were. Always sticking to his side even with all the people's disapproval and unrequited love.

It somehow made him appreciate you more, but at the same angry. Angry at how you kept up with all of this and not giving up on him. Angry at how you look at him as if he's your whole world and more. Angry at how every simple act he does brings a smile to your face. And he was once again reminded how all the times, history has its eyes on you. Always. It made him aware of the past, you pursuing him until he got married. And once again now that he's a widower. He then decided that he shall not dirty your name any longer, leaving your legacy clean off him.

You noticed how he started distancing himself once again. It left you confused but mostly afraid, perhaps you have done something to upset the love of your life. You didn't know and it never quenched the aching fear gripping at your heart as he is once again,

so out of reach.

~•~

Don't forget to vote please thank you ♥️