Chapter 10

Burr is a wise man,

he truly is. But this is one of the only time he have ever been so stupid. It was irrational really. How he pushes you away because of meaningless words from people he doesn't even know. It leaves him agitated and angry at himself.

Time is of the essence.

As they say, and he's willingly wasting it. All the days passing by doesn't make him or you any younger, and he knows that. Yet, there's something holding him back. Perhaps it was the shame of leaving you so suddenly or maybe how he thinks that he doesn't deserve all the love you're so eager to provide. If he was to be honest to himself all the time without you had been a huge hurricane. It left chaos and something lacking in his life with every passing day.

Theodosia with all hopefulness keeps him updated of your life, finding out how you're now taking care of kids in the first private orphanage in New York City along with Alexander's wife, Elizabeth Schuyler. A woman who have continued on the will of her husband. It made him envious of how strong that woman is, and also envious of how she gets to spend time with you. With all the time being away from you he have realized a lot, finding out things that he wasn't aware of. Along with the promise that you made to his wife, Theodosia not being able to hold back as she finds her father's actions so stupid.

And stupid he is.

~•~

Don't forget to vote please thank you ♥️