13. Worry

"You can run, but you can't hide," that same voice that has been haunting [name] ever since

"You can run, but you can't hide," that same voice that has been haunting [name] ever since. She could only watch as she stared into a pair of rainbow-colored eyes. She could only bite her lips to prevent herself from screaming, given how he has yet to hurt her.

She ran, and eventually stopped as she looked at the reflection of herself before her. She watched as her feet started to get wet and she looked down. Standing on the top of a pile of dead bodies, and she could tell who they were.

The Hashiras who were told to protect her.

She then looked up and her lavender eyes widened as she noticed how her reflection was smiling at her. How there were blood trickling down from her reflection's head.

"I found you~" the same voice spoke in a happy tone and [name] felt her a hand gripping her neck tightly. She watched as she was now staring deep into a pair of rainbow-colored eyes once more.

"You can't hide anymore, little one," he whispered out.

[name] screamed as she woke up from her slumber, startling Kyojuro who was fast asleep beside her bed, as the latter was assigned to take care of [name] for the day till Sanemi was back from his mission in 'picking' Tengen up.

His golden eyes watched as [name] sat up in her futon as she checked her neck for any wounds and turned to look at Kyojuro who had on a worried look. He then gently shifted over closer to her and held his hand out, which [name] quickly placed her delicate hand in it. He then started to pat her head as tears were running down her eyes then.

"He's coming for me! He's coming for me!" [name] cried out and Kyojuro could only look at her with a confused pair of eyes.

"Who is coming for you?" he asked.

"The man! The man with rainbow-colored eyes!" [name] cried out as she quickly held her head in her hands as she lifted up her knees and placed it close to her chest. Kyojuro could only wonder then, how was he supposed to comfort [name] in such a situation?

"[name], are you alright?" and [name]'s lavender eyes widened when she heard her father's soothing voice. She turned to look at the door and she noticed her father was standing there, with her younger siblings as well as Amane too.

"Father..." she whispered out, and she watched as Kiriya guided their father deeper into the room where [name] was and soon he guided [name]'s hand into Oyakata-sama, and Kyojuro quickly got up and ushered the chair for him to sit in.

"Thank you, Kyojuro," and Oyakata-sama held [name]'s hand dearly in his.

"[name]... What happened?" he asked, and [name] noticed how the gentle smile no longer existed on her father's face anymore. The smile she loves terribly.

"N-Nightmare... Nothing huge..." she whispered out, and Oyakata-sama could only press his lips into a fine thin line as [name] was trying her best to remain strong, even in front of him.