Chapter 1

Today was the last day of summer and everyone was getting their stuff ready for school. Half the pack will be going back to school and the other half is just going to stay at the den. Eve was in her room going through her stuff making sure she was ready for school.

"Ok, I have pencils, pens, coloured pencils, a pencil sharper, extra erasers, pencil case, paper, 2 binders, 2 notebooks," Eve said as she heard a knock at the door, she turned and saw Wyatt, Willa, Wynter, and Addison standing in the doorway.

Their faces were twisted to a mixture of worriedness and disappointment. "What's wrong?" Eve asked putting her stuff into her bag. "We need to talk," Addison said going to seat on Eve's bed. Eve blew the brown streak of hair away from her face. Then she went to sit on the bed next to Addison.

Wyatt, Willa, and Wynter sat on the bed with them. "What do ou what to talk about?" Eve asked as she adjusted her bun. Eve never really felt ashamed of her hair it was white with a brown streak. It was cool, unique. 

"Why have you been acting weird all summer?" Willa asked. Oh crap! Eve thought. "I have not been acting weird?" Eve said hugging her knees. "Really, you snuck out the den last, not mention in your free time you have been burning yourself in books. What is going on?" Wynter said. 

"Nothing is going on," Eve said getting mad. "Eve just tell us, maybe we can help," Wyatt said. "NO," Eve yelled, her response shocked everyone. "You can't help you probably won't even understand," Eve yelled as she stormed out of the room. "Where are you going?" Addison asked. "Anywhere but here," Eve yelled as stormed out of the den. 

"Great, now what are we going to do?" Addison asked as Wyatt and Willa shared a look. "What's with you two?" Wynter questioned. "I think I know where she is," Wyatt said he left the room. "So you are going to go get her?" Addison asked leaving the room as well. Wyatt nodded. "Hurry back," Willa said to Wyatt as he left the den.

"Don't worry I will," Wyatt said as he headed to the tree. Meanwhile, Eve was already there she started to climb the tree to get to the branch with the hole. Once she was in there Eve couldn't help but cry. Usually, she tells people about her visions usually, people love to hear about what she saw, but she told them about this one no one would be happy. 

Eve was so busy crying that she didn't hear someone climb the tree or enter the hole, but she soon felt strong arms wrap around her. Eve didn't need to look up to know that the strong arm belonged to her brother. 

"What's wrong?" Wyatt asked hugging Eve. "I... I can't tell you," Eve said through sobs. "Why not?" Wyatt asked calmly. "It... I just can't ok," Eve asked getting mad at her brother for not leaving the whole thing whole thing alone. 

"Why are you getting mad at me?" Wyatt asked sounding hurt as he pulled away from the hug. "Because you are taking nothing and turning into something," Eve yelled. "How?" Wyatt asked trying to not raise is voice. "I have told you a million times, I have been working on my magic," Eve said as she left the hole and started climbing down the tree. 

"And we believe you when you say it," Wyatt said following Eve. "If you believed me, you wouldn't keep questioning me on it," Eve yelled. Wyatt put his face in his hand. "God! I think I liked it better when you were gone," Wyatt muttered around his breath. 

But that didn't stop Eve from hearing it. When Wyatt looked at his sister, he saw the hurt in her eyes and knew she heard what he said. Wyatt tried to give Eve a hug and tell her he was sorry. But to no surprise she rejected him. 

After that Eve turned and ran into the forest. Eve ran as fast as she could. She ran until she couldn't smell Wyatt's decent. When she stopped running, Eve sat on the ground against a tree. "If I'm going to be out here a while I need to study the book," Eve said to herself.