Alternative ending

alex arrived down at the bridge and there stood will. the smell of cigarettes strong on his coat and the stench of alcohol lingering to his shirt. wills eyes looked up at alex, smiling sadly.
"hey." he spoke being careful with his words, not wanting to scare off alex again.
"you alright?" alex sighed. he couldn't stand the sight of will. it broke his heart to see him not only in an awful state but the memories flooded back. all the times they had together, all the laughs and the jokes. he wanted that back, he would do anything to relive them.

will took a deep breath in, trying his best not to break down.
"so i guess we have a lot to talk about." he chuckled, clearly trying to lighten the mood but the look in his eyes made alex's heart crumble.
"yeah, we do" alex mimicked wills laugh.

the silence that followed stuck in the air for what felt like a lifetime, but alex could wait a lifetime if it meant having will at the end of it.
"wanna go back to mine to talk? i think it might be better than standing on a bridge." will showed no emotion, completely monotone.
alex just nodded his head in agreement, not saying a word.

the pair arrived at wills, the place was a reck. the blanket alex had grown so familiar with was now laying over the couch. it was clear will hadn't been sleeping in his own bed.
will gestured for alex to sit down as will sat the opposite side of the sofa, not making any close contact, careful he didn't push any boundaries.

"i'll start." will told alex, he let out a sigh before talking.
"i was dumb. i didn't believe you when you said you had feelings for me. 'felt like you just pitied me ya' know." wills breaths were shaking, unstable and disturbed.
alex felt his eyes tear up, he couldn't stand it. will moved a little closer to alex, analysing his face to make sure he wasn't stepping over a line.
"alex, i need to know that you really do have feelings for me. that you aren't going to leave me 'n that you won't just use me."
alex moved closer to will, their faces now only inches apart.
"i promise." he closed the gap, their lips touching once more. alex relaxed his shoulders, he felt a weight being lifted. the kiss wasn't perfect as such, but it was with will and alex wouldn't trade it for the world.
they broke away, both needing their breath. alex bite his lip as he looked down, a light shade of pink plastering his cheeks.
"if you promise, then so do i." will looked up at alex, smiling.
"yeah, that sounds good."

A/N: WHEAYY A HAPPY ENDING!! (although this isn't the actual ending to the book but i wanted to show what would've happened if it was a happy ending). the next chapter will be the last and it's what happens between alex and stephen as i never went into detail. i might be doing a re-write so keep your eyes out for that!! x