Chapter 2

[August 6th, 2017]

Choi Haneul, I think I've fallen for you.

I've never been this crazy for someone before and I never will be too. It's only you. It's pretty stupid we've known each other for a few hours. I know you feel the same too. But why didn't I get your number that night? I hate myself for that. All I have in memory of you is the polaroid I carry around in my wallet, which I spend hours staring at, trying to memorise every feature in your face. I feel like a hopeless romantic. I just hope that you won't fall for anyone else, but me. I put the polaroid in my pocket, hoping I would see your face again. When will it happen haneul? Hopefully soon. But I promise I'll be looking for the rest of my life for you.

I wrote in my diary. It's been a year since I saw Haneul.

She's always stuck in my head ever since. My heart would ache at the thought of her. Why was I stupid not to get her number? I regretted it so much.

It was around the night when I started writing this. I wanted to talk to her. I wanted to talk about her to someone so badly.

That's when an idea popped up in my head. I walked out of my room and made my way to Namjoon's room

. "Namjoon-ah can we talk?" I asked, knocking the door. The door opened and I found Namjoon, standing with his hand on the doorknob.

"C'mon in Hyung," he said and I walked in. I sat on the bed and he sat at his desk.

"What were you doing Joon?" I asked.

"I was just writing, Hyung. Maybe some would be a part of the upcoming album, I'm not sure. What was that you wanted to talk
about Hyung?" he asked concerned.

I swung my head down, afraid to look him in the eyes. "Haneul" I whispered.

"Oh, the girl from the pub a year back. Hyung, guess you still haven't?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I think I've fallen for her Namjoon-ah, I-I don't know how, I've only met her once but-"

"That's enough Hyung" Namjoon interrupted.

I looked at him in confusion.

"Hyung, it's love at first sight. You can't change it. You can only try to move on" he said.

I shook my head.

"Just try Hyung. We can either search for her or you should move on. It's been a year, do you think she remembers you?" He asked in an anticipating way.

I sighed.

"Namjoon, you know what, even before I could admit my feelings for her, she did. She whispered it to me and she shook her head thinking I didn't hear her.  So I'm sure she felt the same. I just hope she still feels the same" I explained.

Namjoon sighed and nodded.

"Then let's go to the pub after we get back to Seoul. What if she goes there hoping to meet you? It's pretty uncertain but my instincts tell me it's worth a try" Namjoon said.

"Which is like after 2 weeks right?" I asked him.

We were in the United States for some promotions.

"Yes after two weeks we'll be back in Seoul" he confirmed.

"Ugh, I don't feel like waiting" I grunted.

He laughed.

"Seriously Hyung, you waited for a whole year and you can't wait for another 2 weeks? Chill Hyung don't worry" he soothed me.