Chapter 5

[HER POV]

(August 22th, 2017)

No, it can't be. Was it my imagination? I could've sworn I saw someone like you. A thousand people at the Airport, and in a second, you slipped out of view. 

"Haneul do you need something?" nudged the person beside me.

 She was wearing a pair of cat-eyed glasses. Her brunette wavy hair fell on her wheat complexioned face and she gently tucked it behind her ear. 

This was my colleague Piper, who chose to come to the US with me for some official work.

 I had to meet a few shareholders of our company in the US, so she was sent along with me to assist and help me.

 It's not like I haven't been to the US alone, They wanted her to go along as she was an American who recently moved to Korea and the higher officials had an ideology that she would have a better way of influencing the foreign clients.

 Not that I'm complaining, she's the most understanding person I met in the past year. So I'm pretty glad that she out of all the people chose to accompany me. 

I took my eyes off the pocket notebook that I was writing in and turned to see the Air hostess, waiting expectantly for my answer.

 "No thank you" I smiled at the Air hostess, who smiled back before bowing and moving to the next passenger. 

"You don't seem happy. Something wrong?" She asked judging my body language ever since she dragged me to get the boarding passes and now it was nearly an hour since the flight took off. 

"Nah, not really" I answered, stretching my arms after dropping my pencil beside my pocket notebook.

 "You sad?" she asked concerned.

 "Disappointed actually" I replied and she raised her brows questioningly. 

I chuckled in answer and she shrugged it off before turning the other side, trying to fall asleep.

 I removed the cap I was wearing and my long hair untangled from the firm bun I tied it in. 

I immediately tucked my hair at the sides of my ears and took a hair tie from my bag and tied my hair into a high ponytail before removing the black mask I was wearing ever since I stepped into the airport.

 I sighed as I looked out of the window, admiring the snowy clouds, reminiscing the events which happened a few hours back.

"Haneul, do you need something from the US, like a souvenir?" Piper asked as she kept looking at the duty-free souvenir store which was a few metres away. 

"I've already been here a fair few times and I'm sure I'll come here soon again, so no" I declared as she pouted. 

"Please, I wanna shop c'mon I'll get you something" She pleaded as I chuckled, which she wouldn't be able to witness as my mask hid half of my face. 

"Then what would you tell your kids in the future if they want some sort of 'proof' that you were in the US?" she asked.

"I believe in memories pipes, the ones that would never fade and would forever be in your heart" I replied as an empty feeling about a far memory stung my heart. 

"Whatever I'm going to shop I can't resist it" she rolled her eyes as she ran to the store. 

"Get back fast we have a flight to board!" I shouted as I saw her cheerfully enter the store.

 I sighed as I was looking around the Airport which I could never get bored of. I looked behind to hear several cheers which were different.

 I didn't pay a lot of attention as it can be some random celebrity. This is LA after all. 

I kept looking around until a certain stranger caught my eyes. 

He wore a creamy pink shirt and blue jeans.

 He was talking to the guy next to him before turning around searching something before turning to the guy in front of him. He laughed as he continued talking.

 I knew it was now or never. 

"Jin!" I shouted trying to grab his attention. 

He looked around again as I looked desperately wanting him to notice me, to realise it's me. 

But another guy waved to him and called out to him. Jin went over to him and was talking something, while I was desperately wanting him to see me.

Please please, please.

"Haneul!" I heard Piper yell as she jumped on me in the name of back hugging. 

"Ouch, Piper!" I yelled.

 "You didn't have to do that to get my attention!" I chided. 

"I'm sorry, but look- I got you this!" She said and before she could complete I turned, expecting to find Jin.

 But no. The group of boys weren't there. 

"No please" I sighed in exasperation.

 "Haneul since you're paying no attention I'll show those once we get back to Seoul. C'mon let's get our boarding passes!" She said and dragged me to the counter, oblivious to what was going on in my head.

 I stayed silent the whole time till we boarded the flight as I knew it was just my physical self present in that situation.

 Not my mind and definitely not my heart.

I sighed at the thought of seeing Jin after literally a year and still my heart fluttered the same way just like it did on our first meeting. 

I sighed harder and tear made it way down my cheek.

 I smiled to myself as I looked at the snowy clouds which seemed melancholic at my state. 

"You'll never get over him Hani, afterall, it was love at first sight" I whispered to myself.

A/N: Hey!

It's the first chapter or Haneul's perspective!

Do tell me how it is!

Do vote and comment! It really helps my book ❤️