Broken Peices

Chapter XI

L

E

O

Leo knocked again, "Look, Will, I really am sorry. I just want to talk to you and I feel like a really big idiot standing here and talking to your door. . . Also. . . It's kind of cold out here." He waited a few seconds, bouncing on the balls of his feet, "Okay, that was a complete lie, it's actually quite balmy out here. Balmy. . . That's a weird word, don't you think? Will I am running out of things to say. Me. Leo Valdez." He banged his forehead against the door in frustration, then recoiled with a slight cry of pain, "That door is a lot harder than it looks. . . Don't do that." He waited again. "That was supposed to make you laugh, by the way. I hope you appreciate that I'm going to have a large bruise on my face because of you." He sighed, "Please open the door. I will. . . Scrub your cabin or something. . ." Guilt started building up in his chest. "I think you hate me now and I can't blame you. This is all my fault, and I really do feel bad. I'm not just here because someone told me to come. . . Although quite a few people did urge me to. . . But that's not the point." He leaned his forehead against the door, supporting his entire weight with his head as he struggled for words. "I wasn't thinking. . . and I didn't mean to hurt Nico. I know it was stupid, I've done enough stupid things to know when I've messed up, and I screwed up big time with you and Nico. I hadn't even seen the kid smile before you two started dating and he now he smiles all of the time. . . Well he used to." He checked his watch, still leaning against the door. "I've been standing here blabbering for ten minutes straight. You must be annoyed by now, I've been told that I'm really good at that, and I'm not going away until y- AAH!" he fell foreward as the door swung open, landing right on top of Will. They landed with a loud CRASH! On the floor. Leo rolled off of the other boy, "Ow. . ."

Will rolled his eyes and sat up, "What do you want, Leo?"

Leo propped himself up on his elbow, "You really should check to see if anyone is leaning against your door before you open it." He got to his feet, shaking his head like a wet dog.

"Maybe you shouldn't lean on my door." Will said, obviously annoyed.

"Fair point. Look, Nico never said that it's over, right? He probably just wants to talk, you should go over there."

"Don't you think I've tried? I went to him right after he ran off, he broke up with me, okay?" He looked down, tears forming in his eyes.

Leo took in this news disdainfully, "Oh, Will, I didn-"

"Just go." He turned his back to Leo and pulled his knees into his chest. "There's nothing you can do, Leo. You can't fix everything, when it comes to people you can't just tighten a screw or replace a part and solve all of your problems. Some things are just broken."

Leo stared down at Will's mop of blonde hair, trying to think of something to say.

"I said, go,Leo. He burried his face in his knees, looking like his entire world was breaking apart underneath him.

Leo took a step back, hesitating, then turned around and left, shutting the door softly behind him. He jogged down the steps as Carter ran up from the direction of the Hades cabin, where everything within a three-foot radius of the building was dead or wilting.

"Any luck with Will?" He asked hopefully.

Leo shook his head, "Apparently Nico broke up with him." He said, guiltily, his eyes resting on the gloomy little cabin.

"No, he wouldn't even talk to me." His eyes followed his gaze, "And I don't think he'd talk to you either, he's pretty pissed at both of us, and for good reason."