Chapter 4

When the last mod of the day finally arrived I was more than relieved. It was my only study hall and I decided to sign out to go to the library instead of staying in Miss Hartnett's room.

When I got to the library there was only two other people, the librarian Mr Hall, and a freshman named Tyler who I had met through Charlie last year. He had headphones in and was writing in a notebook. He seemed like he had just had a stroke of inspiration because he was writing frantically as if the thought he was having would leave him at any moment. I knew the feeling.

I decided to listen to some music while working on my Global homework (first day and I already had a paper due Monday of next week) I put on the OBC cast recording of Rent and got to work.

The bell rang right as I finished the first draft and right as Seasons of Love started playing. I excited the library and started towards my locker excited to get out of the school.

"Y/N!" I turned around and saw Logan running towards me.

"Hey," I said slowing down for him to catch up.

"Are you able to hang out after school? You know just getting a coffee or something?" He asked

"Um, yeah I just need to tell my brother cause he was my ride home." I said smiling.

I texted Brendon and told him I was going out for coffee with some friends (not being specific because I didnt want a repeat of earlier today)

"Ready?" I asked Logan

"Yep, do you need to stop by your locker or anything?"

"Nah, I have everything I need already." We left the school side by side and I was really happy for the first time in months.

We walked into my favorite coffee shop the Terracotta (the entire thing was built out of Terracotta clay about 30 years ago) We got in the short line to order our drinks (I got a vanilla chia with whipped cream, he got a mint tea) and we both recognized the barista.

"Hello Gerard," I said smiling at the familiar face.

"Hey Y/N, Logan. What can I get for you" Gerard said returning the smile.

He had graduated last year and his younger brother was in my brothers class. He always helped with sets and he was in AP art so I would see him whenever I went in the art room for studyhalls.

"So are you two finally dating or is this just-"

"No!" Logan said quickly. We both were blushing bright red.

"Ahh, well okay. That'll be $8.35" I went to pay for my drink but Logan was faster. Gee raised his eyebrow and shrugged.

When our drinks were ready we both decided to go upstairs onto the balcony to talk.

"So about earlier..." I said

"Sorry about my brother he is um, overprotective is putting it lightly."

"No I understand, if my younger sister and some boy were in a room alone like that I would have done the same."

"But you were going to say something weren't you?" I asked

"Um yeah, listen Y/N um I like you, a lot, like since the beginning of last year and I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend?" I smiled and nodded before pulling him into a hug.