a ripped heart

"Where's Witt?" Crypto asked every legend at the party, even Revenant, who just laughed and told him he was definitely murdered after being fucked by one of his customers from his bar. Crypto just ignored the comment and moved on, but no one, not even Path really knew where their fellow legend was. Path was really worried and it took a lot to convince him not to go to the reporters and spread the news of the disappeared friend. Lifeline was currently taking to the blue robot and
Crypto leaned back on the couch on which he was sitting, staring at his drink. Why was he even here? Because of Mirage? No, of course not, he didn't come to see him.

He didn't party long, he was feeling uncomfortable and tired...and a little (much) worried. Mirage never pass on out a party, especially if he announced himself 5 times before. There was definitely something wrong with him, first his beaten up face and his strangely quiet attitude... And now he just disappeared? Crypto left the party and went back to  Mirages room before heading to his own, but no one answered so he took the freedom to hack the electrical lock of the door and enter. "Witt?"

No answer.

"Elliott?" He was a little surprised to hear himself call out his first name, but his concern made him worry less about his formalities. He looked around in the now familiar flashy apartment, but the searched man wasn't around. A few fresh clothes were laying on his bed, as if he was deciding what to wear, nothing unusual to be honest. The guy cared so much about his appearance and fashion, Tae Joon was actually surprised he didn't had an extra room just for his clothes. He turned on his heel and left the apartment, making sure to lock the door again.

"Where are you?"

-

"Good, you fulfilled my last order correctly. He won't get away now."

the blonde man laughed darkly and rubbed his hands together grinning evil like some villain of a Disney film. The two men in front of him exchanged relieved looks, they were beaten up with blue eyes and big, bad looking bruises on their body. They were so happy to finally please their boss after failing the previous tasks. They remembered clearly: "He got away?! Are you  guys dumb!? He's nothing more than a engineer boy who acts like he can handle the games, but would shit in his pants if that beastly hunter approaches him. He was drunk too!"
Their chef was really angry and if they weren't on the edge of falling apart for trying to mess with the legend, the blond would've definitely beaten them up 'till morning.
"Now bring me this boy, I can't waist more time." The blond waved them out of the room and grabbed his phone when the two left.

-

Crypto stared at his screen.

"We don't need your assistance anymore. The job is already taken." The mail said. It's not the first weird mail he received, they started contacting him a week ago. "...we know you're ready to take the job, faceless. Money is no problem." It was one of these mails again, someone asked him, or 'faceless' to get information or access to a Programm or system for money or in exchange with other information. He wasn't a fan of his side job and it was always dangerous, but he couldn't let an opportunity of getting information about the Syndicates or Mila fall and he was considering taking this job. It was just hacking into a computer and giving the access to the other account. In return he would get information about the Syndicate secret data hiding place. A great deal, indeed, that was at least his first thought, but he wasn't dumb. He was checking to who belonged the computer before agreeing to the request, well he tried because now they said "the job is already taken" and deleted the location code. Normally he wouldn't care so much about a taken job, of course he was angry and he ended up checking out of curiosity, who's computer was about to be hacked, luckily he saved the coordinates before. When he found out which poor soul was the host of the PC his face went all pale and he looked like he'd seen death walking pass him.

GzFLocation_4372996_elliott_witt
(I made this up^^)

Mirage was missing since yesterday now and Path was waiting anxiously and patiently at the entrance. There was no use in telling Mirage about his computer problem, when he was missing. What do they want from Mirage? His pictures? Are they crazy fans? Well he couldn't blame them for wanting his pictures, they would make a lot of money, and are pretty.

"Damn idiot, where are you?!"

He left his room and was just about to talk to Path, but stopped right in the doorway of the lounge. Blasey, Paquette Path and Silva were sitting in front of the television. Lifeline walked pass Crypto to join the others and waved him to join too. "What's going o-" he tried to ask, but was silenced by Wattson "shhhh!". She looked really worried.

"What is happening?"

He looked at the television. It looked like news and a reporter talked about a tragic event. Cryptos face showed constantly a question mark until he saw the clip the reporter made with his camera team.

-

The sky was grey and cloudy. It was like a movie, everything felt unrealistic everything was like a dream. A bad dream of course. He wouldn't feel like his heart was just ripped out of his chest, if this was a good dream. He was broken, he felt like crying, but he couldn't. His eyes were red and swollen and a bitter taste was in his mouth since the first time he knew about it. Since he knew what happened.
His world was falling apart and he had nothing left to cling on, he was constantly falling down into the black nothingness and he wished he could stay there, stay there with them, with his brothers and with her. He was the only Witt left now.

He didn't care about the reporters, even thought his driver and people he didn't knew tried to get rid of them. One was even filming the funeral. Was filming the broken Mirage in his uniform. Why was he wearing his uniform again? He didn't know. He put her favorite flowers on her now closed grave and hummed her favorite song. The song he played for her on the piano, the song she played for him when he was younger. It was called 'the inch worm'. He knew he started crying again and he felt a hand on his shoulder, but he didn't want to hear their sorry words. He had enough of all the pity, it was suffocating. He couldn't stand them when he was younger too, people who were looking at him with with this look, these eyes.
Honestly, he likes to be comforted once, he always stayed strong for his mother, who was falling apart, when she heard about her sons. After she knew they went MIA. He always tried to stay strong so his mother wouldn't fall deeper into the endless suffering and he had no one he could rely on, there was no one he could show his weak and unstable self. That's why he never wanted to hear sorry words from other people, they just say 'im sorry for your loss' but they don't mean it, the don't give a shit about it.
He heard people in the background speaking "such a poor soul, he lost his last family member" "she must've been really sick, why didn't he told the people or anyone before. I bet a lot of people would've given him money for a good treatment..." He gritted his teeth and was clenching his fists. He didn't wanted to hear them, they didn't know anything. He knew what happened, he knew his mother didn't die because of her age or a sickness. She was murdered.

"Murdered by the same bastards who tried to kidnapp me....!
It's all my fault...."