Chapter 7

It takes me a moment to pull out of the shock of being hugged but before I can reply Akatsuki laughs, “It’s been a while Nozomi sama.”

Sorry,” she blushes, “Been busy. Have you seen my cousin Yukio anywhere?”

“No sorry,” he replies. He looks at me and says “It seems I’ve interrupted a reunion.”

Nozomi laughs “It’s been too long Hikari dono.”

“I’m surprised you even remembered that we’ve met before,” I say.

“I’ve got a great memory,” she replies. Seconds later I feel a chill go down my spine.

“Yukio get back here!” Nozomi yells.
A cloud appears in front of me and takes the form of a teenage boy with deep purple eyes floating in midair.

Why exactly are you chasing me around the world Nozomi chan?” the cloud boy asks.
“I’m bored and your power up printed a target on your back,” she shrugs.
“Kowai, kowai,” Yukio drawls. “I’ll try not to get any stronger then.”
The cloud moves closer to me and an ice cold hand grips my chin. I hear a low threatening growl from Akatsuki but Yukio ignores it. “Now, who might you be?”
“Did you miss the announcement two minutes ago? I ask curiously.
“Only been here a minute and half so yeah enlighten me,” he shrugs.
“Lady Hikari Doragon,” I say. “I’d say its a pleasure but I don’t know you so I can’t tell if this is a negative or positive encounter.”
“That is a very logical answer,” Yukio chuckles, he begins floating upside down. “Don’t you agree Nozomi chan?”
“Shut up and let me catch you,” Nozomi laughs then leaps into the air.

Yukio teleports out of the Nozomi’s range only to reappear underneath the falling she-cat catching her in his arms.
“You gotta be more careful who you leap at cuz,” Yukio laughs.
“Stupid teleporter,” she mutters.

“Aw I’m hurt,” he drawls. “And I went through all that trouble to catch you before you fell.”
Someone yells from the crowd, “She’s a cat, she’s supposed to land on her feet!”
Yukio’s eyes sharpen, he moves Nozomi so she is standing up then ice appears on her shoes and she begins floating.
Suddenly someone yelps and a teenage boy starts floating in the air whilst trying to remove something invisible from his throat that was strangling him.
Yukio raises his arm channelling what I am guessing it telekinetic energy through his arm to keep the boy in the air.
“See I don’t really telekinesis often,” Yukio explains. “It’s not really reliable, hard to control.” In a harsh movement he whips his arm to the left taking the boy with him.