Chapter 12

I wake up to the sound of galloping. I slowly open my eyes and see Akatsuki focusing on riding my horse.
I realise he was holding me tightly and protectively.
He was muttering something, in his Okinawan dialect. I catch him doing that sometimes even in his sleep.
"Akatsuki kun," I say quietly.
He looks down at me, his focused glare softening.
"Gomen nasai Hikari sama," he says automatically. "I should have realised bringing someone like Tsukimaru san to the club would have troubled you."
"Are people always like that?" I ask. "So thirsty for blood?
He looks at me, shocked. "Of course not, Hikari sama."
"What you witnessed was a room full of drunken teenagers and a mentally unstable were-cat."
"What about you, you said that bringing him there 'show the princess a good time'?" I remind him.
"To me, Hikari sama, it is nothing new to see people fight in that club," he explains. "That's why we have a ring there. However, we don't normally pair up someone as weak as that boy with someone as strong and uncontrollable as Tsukimaru."
"Then why did you do it this time?"
"When the Hayashi clan are involved, things tend to get a little hectic," he chuckles dryly.
I look up at the moon, it was still high in the sky. "We have a while before we have to go home, you know?"
He nods.
"Is there anything else fun we can do?"