Chapter 3 - Sleepover

~Oliver's POV~

This is my first time inviting someone over to my house, let alone an almost complete stranger. What if he doesn't like it? What if I can't thank him like I'm supposed to? What if he hates me for that? What if... No! Oliver stop! Everything's going to turn out just fine.

'Maybe, Just maybe. We could be friends.' I thought quietly, after all, nobody else had ever been nice to me before... other than my direct family.

~Len's POV~

This kid. What has he been through? He was completely covered in bandages. Not to mention that one of them was ON HIS EYE. It kinda made him look... cute?

"We're here!" He exclaimed as he stopped in front of a small-moderate house. It was different than the others. You could tell, even from the outside. It looked so lifeless in comparison, as if... there's nothing in it. Where are his parents? Siblings?

I stepped into Oliver's house. It was quiet, the only sound coming from our footsteps. This made me more curious. Does he live alone?

"Oliver?" I tried breaking the silence

"Hmm?"

"Do you live alone?"

"Y-yeah" he replied, turning on the lights in the living room.

Sweeping my eyes around the living room, a particular ornament caught my eye. It was a wooden cross.

"I-I still haven't thanked you properly." he started, "what can I do to return-"

"I don't want anything from you in return. I was just... happy to help" I replied, putting on a convincing smile.

"So why did you come here?"

"I had nothing better to do, I thought you might have something interesting." I shrugged.

"I have some games in my room, d-do you want to play with me?" He asked. Games? He said it as if it was an object. What object could possibly be called a game? It should still be fun though, right? He did say 'play'.

"Sure" I said to him.

"Wii or Xbox?" He asked me. Wee? Eggs box? I had no idea what it all meant

"You choose. This is your house after all." I told him, putting up the act to hide my ignorance on the subject.

"Okay... Wii it is then!" Cheerful huh? What could these 'games' possibly be like to make someone as shy as him that cheerful.

He brought a box out and placed it in front of me. It contained several smaller plastic boxes with colourful covers. I guess he wants me to choose? I closed my eyes and picked one which said 'Mario Kart'.

"Alright, Mario Kart it is!" He took the box, opened it, and inserted the disc inside into a thing I could only guess was the 'Wee'.

'It doesn't even look like a 'wee'' I mentally slapped myself at that thought, but still couldn't help to chuckle a little.

"W-what are you laughing at?" I heard a scared voice from Oliver.

"Oh it was nothing" I lied. It was obvious too. I hope I hadn't made him feel uncomfortable.

"O-oh" he returned to whatever he was doing to the TV and 'wee'.

After a few minutes, the TV switched on and a video of a boy with an overly sized nose and weird moustache riding a race car played. It was... weird to say the least.

"MARIO KART WII!" it chanted.

Oliver gave me a weird remote. I stared at it blankly for a while before he realised that I didn't know how to use it.