Chapter 17- Lying to the Cops

Longer Chapter ~J😘😍

3rd Person P.O.V.

Jessica Gilbert had just woken up from a night spent watching sad movies with Lydia after taking it upon herself to explain the supernatural world to her. After giving her a ride home after the Jackson incident, Jessica saw how confused the strawberry blonde was so she decided to fill her in since she knew that Lydia herself was supernatural. Jessica leaves the teenager sleeping in her bed as she heads down to the kitchen in a tank top and panties. She sees Klaus trying to feed a crying Hope, who had arrived the previous day with Hayley, much to everyone's joy. Jessica laughs and takes Hope out of her highchair to calm her down before turning to Klaus.

"You know, it's easier to feed her when she's not crying," she jokes and he sighs.

"Yes, well that's easy for you to say as she stops crying the second she is in your arms," he counters as the doorbell rings.

"Why don't you have some coffee so you're less cranky and I'll get the door?" She suggests and begins walking to it as Klaus gapes, finally taking in her outfit.

"You plan to answer the door in that?" Jessica ignores him and answers the door to reveal the sheriff.

He balks when he notices the baby in her arms that clings to her as though she is her mother rather than Hayley before shaking his head. "Jessica, I need you to come down to the station and answer a few questions."

Jessica nods confused before laughing. "I should probably put on some pants then," she chuckles. "Feel free to come in while you wait." He nods and steps into the big mansion and wonders how someone so young could afford a house like this. He also can't help but hope that Meredith hadn't been lying when she said that Jessica could provide her, Scott, and Stiles with an alibi for when they had supposedly kidnapped Jackson.

Jessica hurries up to her room and wakes Lydia telling her that she has to do something before dressing in a black flowing, mini skirt as well as a blue sweater. She puts on some black heels that were next to her door and exits. She has a feeling that this has something to do with Mer's request for her to hack the school's attendance and mark her and Stiles as being there. Jessica plasters a smile on her face before kissing Hope on the head. She hands the baby off to her father and leaves with the sheriff.

When they reach the station, he takes her into an interrogation room where Mr. Whittmore is waiting. "Please, take a seat," Noah tells her and she obeys.

"Where were you yesterday?" Mr. Whittmore demands and Jessica smirks, knowing that she's going to tear him apart.

"You'll need to be more specific. I was lots of places yesterday. Home, at school, the store-"

"Where were you yesterday after school," Noah prompts and I give him a bright smile.

"I went home in the hopes of sulking around in my room until I had plans with Lydia but Mer wanted to hang out with Stiles and he was supposed to hang out with Scott so they all came over. I tried to get out of it but Mer made me watch movies in the home theatre. Stiles and I argued for a while until I agreed on watching the Dark Knight Rises because he likes Batman and I like the Joker. I mean my favorite characters on Gotham are Jerome and Jeremiah Valeska because they embody both sides of the Joker."

"Funny, your sister said the same thing about you," the sheriff chuckles before shaking his head. "Is there anybody else who can corroborate this story?" She nods.

"Niklaus Mikaelson can. He came home to grade papers and I saw him when I went upstairs and I wanted to annoy him. I know that he hates grading papers because he hates Math, don't ask me why he chose to be a math teacher, but I went downstairs and turned the t.v. up super loud so that he would hear it from his study. I knew that he wouldn't be able to resist Burlesque because it's a classic and I know for a fact that he hates that Ali chooses Jack instead of Marcus.