Chapter 21- Looking for Jessica

A/N: So I watched this episode today and I know that it says that Matt was 9 but that seems unlikely given the timelines of when the show is taking place and when the accident happened so I'm going with 12. Also are you surprised that I gave Mer a P.O.V.? Comment if you would like to see another character's P.O.V. and I'll try to work it in. ~J😘😍

Meredith's P.O.V.

I'm sitting in Ms. Morrell's office around a week after Matt held us hostage at the station and Jessica went missing. I've spent the week avoiding my therapy session and trying to convince Klaus and Damon that Jessica wouldn't have left with nothing more than a text message saying that things were too complicated trying to pick between Nik and Damon so she's taking some time to herself. The only people that believe me are Scott, Stiles, Lydia, and Caroline, who is confident that her best friend wouldn't leave without saying goodbye in person, which I agree with.

I hear Morrell ask, "Do you feel sympathy for the 12-year-old Matt that drowned?" And it snaps me back to reality.

"No," I scoff and she looks at me in shock so I sigh. "Look, I understand that that would be traumatic and everything but that's no excuse for the person that he became. My twin almost died when she was five. She went face to face with a serial killer and had to fight him off. That's more traumatic than drowning which also happened to her yet she doesn't go around killing people, she goes around helping them."

"What do you mean?" She feigns dumb and I roll my eyes.

"How about you skip the part where you pretend that you don't know about the supernatural and I skip the part where I pretend that I don't know you're a druid emissary to the alpha pack that must be coming to Beacon Hills if you're here."

She looks at me in shock. "How do you know that?"

"My sister has a few gifts and she's met your brother, Deaton. She found out from him, not that he realizes."

"Your sister. According to the attendance, your sister hasn't been to school all week."

"She's missing. It's why I decided to come here. I think that Gerard has her and I'm pretty sure that with all those alphas one of them had to go against Gerard and know where he might be keeping my sister." She studies me and I think she's going to try and send me away but she sighs.

"Talk to Alan, he'll know more than I could tell you but just know that if you're right, chances are, Jessica may already be dead." On that solemn note, I walk out of the guidance office to find Caroline.

"What did she say?"

"That we need to go to the vet," I answer and she looks at me confused while I rush to the parking lot to see Lydia waiting by my car.

"If you're looking for Jessica, I want to help. She told me that I'm a banshee and that my scream can hurt people if I learn to control it. I don't know how but I'm willing to try if it saves her." I nod my assent and we all get into my car to drive to the clinic. I walk in first and Scott, Deaton, and Isaac walk out of the back.

I focus on Deaton and try to tame the tears that want to be shed knowing that I need to stay strong for my sister. "My sister's missing and your sister told me that you might be able to help?"

"And why would she tell you that?"

"Because we're pretty sure that Gerard is the one that took her."

He studies us with a frown before sighing. "You better come on back." We follow him to the back before Caroline speaks.

"Jessica sent us all an identical text message saying that she needed time to figure her love life out but it seemed off. After all, she had a sure-fire way to help with the problem so if it was that pressing, why not take that route," she begins.