Chapter 18- Raving At Wonderland

Jessica's P.O.V.

After all the things that have been happening with my powers, I decided that there was only one place I could go. Or at least that's what I tell myself as I walk into the vet clinic to talk to Deaton. He walks out of the backroom and looks at me in surprise. "Sorry, but we're closed."

"I know, but I really need to talk to you, Dr. Deaton. I need to talk to you because I know that you're an emissary and I think you can help me."

His eyes grow wide as he nods so I hop the gate and walk into the back. "You can pass the mountain ash," he states and I nod.

"I can because I'm not from here. I'm from a different dimension but that's not what I need to talk about." He motions me to continue so I take a deep breath. "The night Peter trapped us at the school, he bit me. Nothing happened. It didn't even heal, sort of like with Lydia but she's immune because she's a banshee. The bite awakened her abilities prematurely. I just thought that nothing happened to me but then we went ice skating and Lydia was screaming and looking at the ice and I saw Peter but then he disappeared and she calmed down. Then nothing happened for a while so I thought I was fine but now I'm hearing thing that nobody else is and... and seeing him and I just want to scream but I'm terrified that if I do it will be banshee scream and I'm already fucked up enough that I don't think I can handle anything else."

Before I realize it, tears begin streaming down my face and Deaton is hugging me while I cry into his shoulder before he pulls away. "You have to try or you won't know." I nod as I let everything that's been happening build up within me until I need to scream, and then I do. I scream so loudly that the window that I'm facing shatters and I look at him as more tears fall.

"It's true, isn't it?" He nods as I hear the bell on the door. I shake my head and wipe my eyes before taking a couple of breaths so that nobody will be able to tell that I was crying. I turn around as Derek, Scott, and Isaac enter the room and look at me in shock. I throw on a bright smile as I sit on the operating table. "I came to help. After all, I am your expert in kanimas," I joke, playing with my cross as they nod.

Deaton begins bringing out things and I try to ignore Isaac's pleading look before he turns to Deaton. "So you're like some kind of witch?"

"No, witches tend to use spells, not herbs, asshat," I growl as Deaton blocks it out and begins asking questions. We determine that the kanima is afraid of water but Jackson isn't. "So the fear of water is a result of the bond," I say obviously. "Whoever is the master has something against water."

Deaton nods. "Essentially you're trying to catch two people. A puppet and puppeteer. One killed the husband. But the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?"

"I don't think Jackson could do it. His mother died pregnant too. She might have been murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else," Scott answers but I shake my head.

"No, I think that the bond hasn't been completed yet. If Jackson kills the wife then the baby dies too but the baby isn't a murderer, even if she is. As it is, if whoever's controlling him killed that baby then he'll start to become the kanima and Jackson will need a new master."

"What does that mean?" Derek asks and I frown.

"That we need to find his master before he turns. I'd rather fight the devil we know than allow someone like Gerard to take control. Not to mention that now that he killed someone, the bond will grow stronger and Jackson will kill anyone to make his master turn into him with every innocent life he takes."

"Then we need to find them, fast," Scott says so Deaton nods and tells us how to trap it.

_______________