Chapter 42-Killing Void

3rd Person P.O.V.

A little while before Elijah and Meredith had arrived, Chris had showed up, ready to help, only to see Jessica fall to the ground. He had to pause for a second, having seen her as a second daughter. He cared about Jessica, even if he didn't want to, but he knew what he needed to do so he gave himself, and them, a few minutes to grieve before walking over to them. He grabbed Klaus, Damon, and Elijah first as they were the oldest. Klaus and Damon had practice with compartmentalization having dated the queen of it who wanted to share her knowledge and Elijah knew he needed to be strong for Meredith. They came up with a story and then split to ensure that everyone knew it.

This is how Elijah finds himself kneeling in front of a grieving Meredith as she repeats the story through her tears. "We were supposed to meet them. We were late, so I think they were waiting, but I'm not sure. When we got there, the men were already there. Elijah stepped out to try and stop them. Klaus and Damon went after two of them but the other lunged at the group. I guess Jess threw herself in front of Allison but I didn't actually see it. They must've realized their mistake because they took the body and took off." Elijah turns to look at the spot where the body of Jessica had dissolved into the earth with the help of plants before their eyes.

"That's good. Never get too specific and always say you didn't see much."

"She's gone Elijah," she whispers and he frowns.

"You don't know that for sure. She's died and come back before," he points out but she shakes her head.

"There was always a body. This time, it's gone. What if that means it's different? What if that means she's gone for good?" Before Elijah can comfort her further, the cops arrive and escort them back to the station. Parrish goes around taking all of their statements. They seem similar but not identical. None of them saw much. He remembers Jessica. She comes into the station every now and then to bring the sheriff food. They had talked once and ever since, she would bring Jordan something too, claiming that she had gotten more than she could eat, even if it was exactly what he liked and knew for a fact she hated.

Maybe that was why he saved her twin for last, it was harder since she looked like Jessica, the girl he would probably never see alive again. Meredith repeats the story as quickly as possible to prevent her break down and it works until Jordan asks if she got the license plate since she would've been the only one with the ability to see it. They hadn't gone over this and Elijah, who was listening, panics for a second before Meredith breaks down. "I'm so sorry that I wasn't looking at the license plate, I had just watch my sister probably be murdered in front of my eyes so my bad that I wasn't paying proper attention," she snaps before breaking down once more.

"Why don't you give her some space, deputy?" Noah suggests, looking at his son's ex-girlfriend in sympathy. He had always liked the Gilbert twins, they were thoughtful and considerate towards him, Jessica went as far as to bring him dinner most nights to ensure that he was not only eating, but eating healthy. It was easier to eat with her since she didn't like fast food burgers and typically got a salad instead. It's also harder for Noah since, unlike Parrish, he knows that Jessica is dead and they will never find the body.

Once all the statements had been taken, Noah let everyone leave. Stiles left with Kira, hoping to speak to Noshiko more about how to defeat Void since, with Jessica's death, his influence had been reestablished with the compulsion ceasing with her life. Allison joins them, wanting to kill the nogitsune more than ever after her best friend had died to save her. She made sure Lydia went home, however, not willing to lose her other best friend. Stiles, Kira, and Allison sit on the couch talking about divine moves when Stiles turns to Allison.

"You killed one of them? How? The only person I've seen do that besides Void is Jessica and she used magic." The Yukimuras face her, curious how she did it themselves.