Prince Link x Appointed knight! Reader

I just realized that I never published this chapter 😀

-

I stumbled as I practically threw myself down the halls to reach his highnesses room as I had accidentally slept in. I nearly slid across the stone floors as I dashed around corners and came to a dead stop in front of his door to see that it was not open, 'he's *pant* not awake. Good *pant*.' He always leaves his door slightly cracked to show he's not in there when I'm away from him.

I turned to take my place next to his door but was sent into shock as someone's face was in mine. I did my best not to yell from surprise but I gasped very loudly instead.

"Yes you are correct! I'm not awake, I'm wiiiide awake." The young man in front of me said before I realized who it was, "you may not have said anything but I know exactly what you're thinking."

I kneeled and put my head down, "I'm so sorry I was late..." I spoke softly, "I.. don't have an excuse... Please forgive me." I'm going to lose my job for this.

"Hmmmmmmmmm... I'll think about it." The Prince spoke with a smile, "I wasn't greeted by your beautiful face this morning so you should make it up to me... how about..." he put his hand on his chin and looked up before snapping his fingers, "how about you make breakfast for me!" He quickly spoke.

What. That's it? Wait- I can't cook. He knows this! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... Prince Links an amazing chef. I would recommend he makes his own but... I think you would know the end of that. Making the prince make his own breakfast. ha! His royal palms aren't born to work. Standing up, I hesitantly nodded before we both walked down to the large kitchen and I changed out of my uniform into a white shirt and some pants, putting on an apron.

"Are you sure about this...? I don't think my food is... edible, to say the least." I spoke quickly with a soft tone, feeling my brow sit in an uncomfortable position by my troubled thoughts, "I don't want to get you sick."

"I'll be fine!" He leaned against the counter across the kitchen, "seriously just pour out your heart and soul into the dish." The prince let out a hearty laugh.

Being me, I take everything literally because of my position as Links appointed knight. I can't take anything as a joke here and especially not orders from the ones who have such a high status. I just gave him a very concerned look, trying to figure out what to say to that.

Link was just laughing his little head off before he witnessed the look on my face, "I was joking!" He kept laughing as I sighed I relief and rolled up my sleeves, grabbing a cook book and turning to the easiest recipe, "you look adorable in that apron I must add."

"Thank you for the compliment," I murmured, thinking nothing of his flattering remark, while hesitantly grabbing the eggs and doing my best to following the instructions from the book that rested in front of me. I would have just made eggs or something but you know how a royal breakfast should be. I was struggling and didn't want the prince to see me in such a state; flour all over me from trying to mix ingredients and I was positive there were bits of food in my hair but, I was probably just paranoid at that point. I knew there was no point in even finishing the meal as it looked like I curb stomped it.

I put my hands on the counter and sighed, putting my head down, 'whyyyyyyy can't I cook... nothing works.' I accepted defeat.

"Need some help?" A voice spoke right in my ear. I spun my head around to have my hair strike his highness square in the face only to have flour explode into the air, "I-I'm so sorry sir!" I felt my heart plummet as I ran to get a wet cloth to clean off the flour, returning in almost an instant, "I deserve any punishment for my actions. I'm so sorry Link-I-Uh-I mean- your highness!" I began stuttering and I couldn't stop as I tried cleaning his face.