Chapter-15-Bordeaux

" La destination de Bordeaux a été attein." the voice rang out in the train as we arrived in Bordeaux.

Hamid stood up in our separate cabin in order to remove our bags from the overhead compartment.

" Ready?" He asks me as he sets down his small carry on and adjust my small sports bag on the the top.

"Yes, I am ready. Though why are you asking?" I question Hamid.

" Because, your button is undone love." Hamid informs me coming over to do the button up on my black and white stripy dress, the button which was just under my scarf and I had missed.

" Well it's your fault. " I tell him, turning around to grab my handbag from the seat and to hide my unstoppable pink cheeks.

" Yes, we'll who started it? " Hamid states theoretically with a grin as I turn back around.

"Hey, I told you that was my crazy craving not me." I tell him in my cute little voice.

" Love, if you say it like that we will never make it out of here and uncle will wonder the worst of us. Let's go love." Hamid informs me with a large smirk on his face. He takes my hand in his while he drags the bag out with his other hand.

As we step down from the train I see large groups of crowd moving around.

"Welcome to the city of wine and sails." Hamid says leading us out of the train platform.

We go past the glass sliding door just as a voice calls out from the corner ,

"Hamid! "

We both turn around to see uncle Irfan comming towards us. He still looks the same; a soft welcoming face, except for his mustache which was not there twelve years ago.

Just as he is centimeters away Hamid let's go of my hand, rests the bag on the side and both clash in a hug.

Hamid leads uncle towards me.

"Asalam Alikum "

" Walikum Salam, Mash'Allah beta you have grown up so much. You were so little the last time I saw you. How is Shehryaar?" Uncle asks me.

"He is really good and is now happily married."

"Wow, kids grow up so fast. Get your things Hamid, let's go! " uncle orders us.

We both trail behind him to his black audi car. The driver hops out from his seat in the front to help Hamid place the bags in the boot.

Uncle takes the passenger seat while we both slide in to the back seats. Uncle starts the conversation as the driver starts the car and begins driving away.

"I told your aunty that I had some guests coming so prepare lunch. I also told Amina and Momina to get ready. They are really excited to meet the guest but they are going to be so shocked."

" Uncle you are so mean. You know aunty hates these kind of surprises. Remember that last time- " Hamid begins to tell.

Their conversation fades into the background as I drown in the beautiful architecture and the mind blowing views outside.

......

The car drove up to a black metal gate. The driver presses a combination number on the dial box and the door splits open. We drive on straight and go halfway around the large fountain.

" Come on! Hamid and Liybha" Uncle orders us directing us to his huge house. The path we follow to the door is aligned with grey tiles. A beautiful garden exists on both sides of the path. There is a large balcony just above the main entrance door; which is carved beautifully. The house is enormous from my eyes and there are many large windows attached all around the house.

We were still a few feet away from the door; when it opened up with Aunty Shafia. She still looks so gorgeous and young especially in this light green salwar kameez.

Her brown eyes scan around, then they linger on me for a few seconds ,before settling on Hamid who is standing in front of me.

" Asalam Alikum, Aunty" Hamid says as he embraces himself in hug with Aunty Shafia.

" Walikum Salam , Beta it has been so long. Just settle down for a while and then I will ask you why you visited after so long " she tells him off, slightly twisting his ear.

" And who is this young lady? " she asks him, nodding her head towards me.

" My wife" Hamid informs her.

"When did you get married? And -" she begins to ask, eyes widening with shock.

" Don't worry , Shafia ,we will explain. First guess who this is?" Uncle intrputs, questioning Aunty.

She slowly moves towards me.

" Aslaam Alikum " I say to her.

" Walikum Salam, wow beta you have grown so much it took me a while to recognize you Liybha. " she tells me giving me a hug.

I stand still astonished that she actually recognizes me.

" How did you know that it was me?" I ask aunty.

" Of course it had to be you. Hamid would not marry any girl unless it would have been Liybha, and trust me I have tried. " she tells me with a smile, leading us all into the house.

" Hamid Bhaiyha is here! " one of the twin came out screaming from the room. The other one follows behind;

" Yeah! Finally. "

They both give Hamid a quick hug before there eyes diverse towards me. Both of them look similar, but one is a bit chubby then the other, which makes me guess she is Amina because she looked older even when they were smaller.

" You're Api Liybha!" Amina exclaims giving me hug.

" Oh my gosh! We have heard so much about you. " Momina says after giving me a quick hug.

" I hope what ever you heard was gud." I say to them both my eyes flicking to Hamid who stood in the corner with a shy grin on his face.

"Yes, don't worry .He told us once tha-" Amina begun to tell me the story but uncle intrputs.

" Are you guys just going to start chit chatting with her here, still standing in the foyer. Come on let's go eat and we can all catch up." Uncle says to everyone leading us all inside the dinning room.

........

" Thank you for everything Aunty Shafia, the biraiyani was the best and this chocolate ice cream just topped everything. " I inform Aunty setting down the bowl on the dinning table.

"Hey, stop embrassing me Liybha. I am so glad to have you here." She tells me.

" Come on beta Liybha. We are going for a walk because I have a surprise for you and Hamid. " Uncle says standing up along with Hamid.

His face shows clearly that; he has no idea just like me.

What could this suprise be?