Tail Signals and Flicks

Tail Signals

1. Kink tail- Attack.

2. Tail held erect and waving side to side- Stay behind me.

3. Tail pointed sharply- Go that way.

4. Tail pointing low, parallel to the ground and sweeping- Spread out.

5. Tail kinked over back- Follow me.

6. Tail flicking over back- Leave, but be careful.

7. Tail flattened- Get down.

8. Tail bobbing- Enemy sighted.

9. Tail rippling- Move forward slowly- with care.

10. Tail held erect- Stop.

11. Tail hooked- Danger.

12. Tail tip facing another way- Attack.

13. Tail held erect and sweeping slowly from side to side- Retreat silently.

                                                                                Tail Flicks

1. A sharp flick- Aggravated, angry, or eager.

2. A bristle and a sharp flick- "Get here now! I'm furious at you!"

3. A flick and a jerk of the head in a certain direction- "Cluster over there," or "Creep out of camp there!"

4. If you call out to someone, they can flick their tail to acknowledge that they heard you.

5. Stick the tail up in the air and flicking it down sharply- "Have a seat."

6. An eye roll and a flick of the tail- "Who cares?"

7. A mrrow of laughter and a flick of the tail- "That was a great joke."

8. An expression like "Foxdung, I'm late," and flicking your tail- "Talk to you afterward, or I gotta go to the dirtplace."

9. A flick of the tail at someone and a weird face- "What is up with them?"

10. A sharp flick of the tail during a battle- "Help me!" or "Attack!"

11. A shrug followed by a tail-flick- "Oh no."

12. Putting a tail over another cat's mouth- "Shut up!" or "Be quiet!"

13. A flick in a certain direction- This could mean that the cat that they are talking to should look there.

14. A normal flick- This can be caused in merriment.

15. A tail flick- This can be a way to vent anger or fury.

16. A tail flick- This can happen when a cat says something funny or ironic.

17. A tail flick- This can be executed in a haughty, conceited, or contemptuous manner.

18. Stiff tail-flick- Triggered by unease.

19. Happy tail-flick- A flick caused by happiness.

20. A tail flick- Caused by weariness.

21. Playful tail-flick- A cat can playfully flick their tail on another cat's muzzle.

22. Air flick- A flick performed in the air can change the direction the cat will land.

23. A tail flick- A cat may flick their tail to encourage something. 

24. A tail flick- The tail can be flicked in an appreciative manner.

25. A tail flick- A cat might flick their tail when about to give a speech on what is right.

26. A tail flicking one way then the other- Encircle the cat.