two

Two: language of adverted eyes

It was Thursday when Niall plants the idea in Liams head. Liam was convinced it was his idea. Niall reasoned, it could be if he wanted it to be. He wasn't going to put up a fight especially not when there was the possibility he'd be seeing Clementine again.

"A dinner party," Liam exclaimed, smiling wide as he looked at Louis and Niall. "Just a few people like Dani, Clementine of course, Georgie, for you, Louis. There's a few more people I can think of. I think it'd be fun."

"I mean..." Niall trailed off. "No offense Liam but I'd rather not."

"Come on," Liam groaned, sitting up. "It'll be fun. Just chill."

"I won't turn down a party," Louis shrugged. "Specially if Niall is cooking. You're going to cook right? I swear to god if I have to eat Liams stupid fucking grilled cheese I'm going to throw up."

"And what the fuck is wrong with my grilled cheese?" Liam demanded.

"When you've eaten it two weeks straight it's stupid," Louis grunted, reaching for his beer.

"Niall," Liam sighed, shoulders dropping. "Will you cook?"

"So now there a party at my flat and I have to cook?" Niall asked with a laugh. "What are you going to do? Greet people at the door?"

Liam sighed in exasperation. "I will buy the food and the drinks and I will fully cleanup the mess that night."

"I'm not worried about paying for anything," Niall rolled his eyes, sitting up. "I only want one thing from you."

"Fine," Liam nodded.

"Your limit is one fucking beer," Niall said. "No more than one and if I smell even a drop of liquor on your breath I'm kicking you out."

"You're going to kick me out?" Liam laughed, standing up. "That's funny. Good one, mate."

"I'm not kidding," Niall deadpanned. "Louis tell him I'm not kidding."

"Yeah mate he's not fucking around," Louis shook his head.

Liam looked between the two of them, smile faltering. He nodded, sighing, "fine. One beer."

Niall was impressed with himself. It required the least amount of effort in his part. All he'd said to Liam was, "dinner parties seem cool." And then Liam said, "we should have one." And then Niall got everything he wanted.

Liam planned the entire party from inviting everyone to picking up the food to cleaning the place up. Niall would admit he was a good friend. Maybe a bit desperate at that but nonetheless, a good friend.

All Niall had to do was cook the food. Objectively, that required the most work. Louis offered to help but then again his go to seasoning was salt and pepper. Niall couldn't have that in his kitchen.