Seven and a half

Seven and a half: I can never say enough about the time, it flies

Niall thought there was something special about the early morning rain. The way spring rolled through London, was slow and languid, much like the nights he'd spent with Clementine on the sofa with glasses of wine between them.

Niall thought back to all the evenings they spent together. He held each one in a special place in his brain, that he thought about on rainy mornings like this one.

Sometimes Niall felt like they were synced together, because his phone flashed beside him. He rolled over, picking it up.

6:50
From: Clementine
You up?

6:50
To: Clementine
No

6:51
From: Clementine
Okay I'll come back later then :/

Niall sat up, eyebrows furrowing. He called her, running his fingers through his hair. Clementine answered, her soft voice ringing in his ear as she said, "hello?"

"Where are you?" Niall asked, rolling his bottom lip between his fingers as he waited for her response.

"Outside your door," Clementine laughed, as if it was obvious.

"It's the ass crack of dawn and you're outside my door?" Niall asked, almost incredulous.

"Just let me in," she laughed, voice teetering into a wine.

Niall dropped his phone down on the bed, shaking his head. He reached down, grabbing his sweatpants off the floor, tugging them on. He pulled his shirt over his head, making his way out of his bedroom and down the steps.

When he opened the door, Clementine was standing there sweatpant clad, smiling up at him. Niall shook his head, pulling her inside. "You're a mad woman," he murmured.

Clementine stood on her tiptoes, kissing him softly, fingers tangling into the cotton of his t-shirt. Niall hummed, melting against her.

Niall almost couldn't believe she was standing in his kitchen. It had been weeks since he'd actually seen her. Clementine was busy with rehearsals. He admired how hard she worked, and finally seeing her only days before opening night, he was relieved.

Clementine pulled away, toeing her wet sneakers off by the door. She brushed past him, mumbling, "let's go to bed."

Niall followed her upstairs into his room, where she'd never been before. Clementine pushed his bedroom door open, glancing over her shoulder at him as if to ask, "is this okay?"

But it was. Niall decided falling into bed beside her was more than okay. It was phenomenal. It was everything he wanted, wrapping his arms around her waist.