four

Four: Fire and the flood

The firestorm that followed the events of that fateful Thursday night were one for the books. Georgie and Clementine got into a fight. Words were said. Georgie was sleeping on Louis's couch and that put a strain on their non-relationship.

Clementine pointedly ignored Georgie at practice. She found herself separating from most of the girls. Not that she was mad at them, she just needed time to recuperate.

It was exactly what Niall didn't want. He didn't want them fighting over anything that involved him. That's what he told Louis when he came over to escape it all.

"Mate, you've got to realize there are deeper issues here beyond you," Louis shook his head. "Georgie is actually probably crazy. Truly. It's not a thing to joke about but she probably is."

"Well still there's a part of me in this fight," Niall muttered.

"But you like Clementine?" Louis asked, feeling in his pockets for his cigarettes. "Like really."

"I mean yeah," Niall nodded. "I guess so."

"Then fuck Georgie," Louis laughed. "She's a nutter. There's no nice way to put it. Lemen has been going through this shit for years. It was bound to happen."

That was when Niall decided to text Clementine. Louis didn't convince him. He just opened his eyes a bit.

7:47
To: Clementine
Was thinking about you . Hope you're well x

7:48
From: Clementine
I am well! Thank you for asking. You were thinking about me?! I'm BLUSHING

7:50
To: Clementine
Hahahahaha don't let it go to your head . I'd love to see you sometime .

7:52
From: Clementine
I'd love to see you too. Quite busy with practice how about this weekend?

7:53
To: Clementine
Friday ? We could go to a movie and dinner

7:54
From: Clementine
Is this a DATE!

7:55
To: Clementine
Be cool would ya?

7:57
From: Clementine
LOL I am cool. Practice is until 5 fri maybe dinner too?

8:00
To: Clementine
Sounds a plan x

Niall wasn't nervous. He wasn't. Except maybe he was on that Friday evening sitting in his car outside of the studio waiting for Clementine to finish up. He told Clementine to be cool, but maybe he was the one that needed to hear that after all.

Niall didn't look too closely at the girls coming out of the stage doors. He feared one of them would recognize him or even worse, he'd see Georgie or Rosie.

Clementine came out seemingly last, wearing a pair of overalls cuffed at the ankle. She slung her gym bag over her shoulder, smiling as she spotted Niall.