six

Six: I'd like to be by your side

When Clementine asked Niall to celebrate with her she actually meant us. And it wasn't just a dinner or afternoon brunch, it was actually a day trip to the coast.

"Annually we go to Worthing Beach for my birthday," Clementine told Niall as he loaded up the car. There were bags and coolers and blankets that everyone brought along.

Niall was convinced to drive despite his reluctance. Clementine insisted and since it was her birthday, anything she said goes.

Niall would admit, he wasn't dreading it. Well maybe only sort of. Clementine was leaning against his car in an oversized sweater and a pair of ripped jeans. She looked like a dream, watching him.

He wanted to kiss her- overwhelmingly so. Niall shut the trunk, letting out a sigh. Georgie and Danielle finally clamored into the car. Clementine pulled Niall close, her back against the car.

Niall wrapped his hands around her waist, smiling down at her. "Thanks," she murmured. "For coming. And driving. It means a lot to me."

"Of course," Niall shook his head.

Clementine pulled Niall down for a soft kiss to show him just how grateful she was. It was slow and languid and when she pulled away, Niall wanted nothing but more. He always wanted more with her.

"We should get going," Clementine murmured softly.

"Okay," Niall nodded but she kissed him again, slowly, fingers brushing against his cheeks. Niall laughed against her lips as she pouted.

And then she finally decided, hand sliding in his just for a soft moment. "Can we maybe keep this between us for a while longer?" She asked, looking up at him, head tilted to the side.

"Of course," Niall responded, not sparing a moment to think about it.

"Then just one more," she mumbled, pulling him in for another kiss. This one was soft and chaste as she pulled away too soon.

Niall thought about how they haven't had a moment alone together in so long. He was beginning to forget the way her body moved. That just wouldn't do. He made a mental note to get her to himself at some point today.

Niall helped Clementine into the passenger seat, closing the door behind her. He got in the drivers seat taking a deep breath as he adjusted to the loud chatter.

"Louis gets aux," Louis yelled, leaning into the middle of the center console. "Hand it over lad."

Niall sighed, handing it back to him. "Play decent music, would ya?"

"Sorry I don't take requests," Louis announced. Backtracking he said, "unless it's Lemen's request, I guess, since it's her birthday."

Clementine all but rolled her eyes, shifting in her seat. Niall chuckled, starting the car. He pulled out and they were off, heading south toward Worthing Beach.