Red King

Kusanagi is cleaning the glass behind the counter when Yata rush into the bar and close the door behind him. He take a deep breath and release it.

"What's wrong, yata? You look exhausted." Kusanagi ask him and place the glass on the counter carefully. Yata sit at the bar and place his skateboard down.

"I was being chased by the stupid green clan member. Luckily I got away from them." He said it while gulping down the water that Kusanagi pour for him. Kusanagi realize that the green clan members are increasing quickly without them realizing.

He heard footsteps coming down and saw Anna walking down the stairs. She then sat down next to yata and he blush a bit. Kusanagi who saw this giggled a bit.

"Anna. How's mikoto?" He ask her and instantly she lowered her head. Yata sighed and look toward his room. "Ever since she died, he rarely went out of his room..." anna paused a bit before looking at her marble.

"His red are becoming weak. Even tatara too couldn't force him out of his room." She finished her sentence and Kusanagi just sighed. ' her death is affecting him so bad.' He thought it in his mind but he couldn't blame him or her.

The late purple queen, Yuki was the one who make Mikoto happy and also make they all happy. They both were destined to be together but she died when she sacrificed herself to save him from dying. He was traumatized with the events that even until now, one year later, he never move on from her. Yata look at Kusanagi and silently mourning for her.

....

Mikoto open the window before lighting his cigarette. He slowly blow the smoke and look at the outside view. He really miss her so much.

Her scent, her smile, her hug and her kiss. He miss it when she calm him down and when she play with his hair. He put out the fire on his cigarette and throw it away in the bin.

"Mikoto, you shouldn't smoke that much. It will affect your health." He can saw Yuki sitting on his bed while smiling to him. A tear escape his eye. He knew it wasn't real. Mikoto wiped his tear and close his eye.

Her last moment lingered in his mind.

Flashback

Mikoto held her close to his body. He shook his head, not believing what had happened. Her beautiful face were pale and blood escaped through her lips. She's still smiling even though she was hurting. "Yuki, please hold on. I will take you to the hospital. You can be saved. You can..." She wiped his tears with her small hand. "It's okay, Mikoto. This is my fate..." She said it softly. She caressed his check softly. He hold her hand and kiss it. She then look at something and shook her head slowly. A tear escaped her eye. "Don't blame yourself for this, Mikoto." She said again but her voice is getting slower. He kiss her softly with love and parted away slowly, not wanting to separated with her. "I love you but you're not mine.. You're hers." He look at her with a confused face. "Promise me when you meet her, you will love her with all of your heart and protect her." He nod and she smile for the last time. "Goodbye..." Her hand fall from his face and she close her eyes. Reisi who's there looking at the purple Damocles sword, afraid of it falling onto the island but instead it disappeared slowly and so does her body. Mikoto stand up and look at the sky and force himself to smile. "Goodbye, Yuki..."

End of flashback

Mikoto open his eyes. A tear escape his eye but this time he let it fall on his check, as he didn't have any more energy to wipe it. He sat down on his bed and run his hand through his hair.

"I love you but you're not mine..."

Her word lingers in his mind. Suddenly, he can feel pain in his head. He hold his head, wanting it to fade but it's getting pain. He groan in pain and lay down on his bed, trying to reduce the pain. "You're hers."

Her word ring in his mind and he shut his eyes. Suddenly, he can feel someone caressed his check softly. When he open his eyes, he saw a girl is caressing his cheek. That girl is smiling to him and he can no longer feel the pain. Instead, he feel happy with her. He can't see her face that clearly as something was blocking him from doing so.

"Mikoto... It's okay. I'm here"

She said it and suddenly, he's alone again in his room. He can feel peace surrounding him and he finally have courage to come out of the room. He stand up from his bed and went downstairs, taking his cigarette along with his jacket. His clansmen are shock to see him, finally getting out of the room.

Tatara went to him and stop him from going out of the bar. "Well, where are you going, King?" He ask with a smile. Mikoto light his cigarette and blew a few smoke. "I'm going out. Isn't it obvious?" He said with his normal look and everyone finally smiling wide for their king. A tear rolling down on Tatara's check and he wiped it quickly. "Thank you for coming back, King" He said with a sob.

Kamamoto and Chitose giggled at the situation. Mikoto put his hand on Tatara's left shoulder and squeeze it. "It's time to start fresh" He smile and went out of the bar. "Wait for me!" Tatara quickly follow his best friend from behind. Yata look at Anna whom are looking at Mikoto using her marble. She put down the marble on the counter and smile. Anna knew she had visited him and calm his heart down when she saw her aura around him.

"beautiful gold..."

Anna muttered softly with a smile meanwhile Yata who heard it feel confused with her word.