The Boy Next Door

author: ScribblerMia

*****

"Fate is the powerful force that leads two persons together for them to remember, forever."

*****

"Well, maybe you're right about the things you said regarding love as socially constructed. But let me ask you one thing. This feeling, this happy feeling whenever I see you, whenever I'm with you, whenever I hold your hand... Sa tingin mo ba, socially constructed lang din ang nararamdaman ko sa'yo?"

*****

"By the way, just so you know, when I told you that come hell or high water I will make you fall for me, it was not a trap. I was really determined to make you love me, and I wasn't joking or playing with your feelings. Because even before the battle starts, I already lost back when we were six years old. And you know, it's a good thing I fell first. Why? Because when you fell for me, I was already down there ready to catch you."

*****

"Everybody is waiting for the right one. Everybody dreams for a perfect love story. Of course, who wouldn't want that? We all love happy endings. We are ideal and futuristic. In this case, we are so focused on endings; thus, we forget about beginnings."

*****

"Ikaw ang may problema! Ang problema sa'yo, mahal na mahal kita pero ang tanga-tanga mo!"

*****

"Tandaan mo ito, kahit kailan, hindi ako papayag na mas mahal mo ako. Dapat ako lagi. Dapat lagi kitang mas mahal."

*****

"I love you, Astrid. I love you with all the love the universe and outside the universe can hold, with all the love from the beginning of time to its end called end forever."

*****

"Waiting is a choice and I chose to wait for him not because he wanted me to but because I love him."

*****

"What if there could be no more chance at all? What if you had that very last chance yet you've wasted it? What if you had the opportunity to meet the right one, yet you simply ignored that person, and let that person passed by?"

*****

"Crying may be a sign of one's weakness, but it can also mean a sign of one's strength. It is the acceptance os your weakness that makes you strong. Remember what Howie Day said? Even the best fall down sometimes."

*****

"In life, there are people who will pull us down. Still, we should not forget that there are also people who will pull us up after we fall.""

*****

"Aminin man natin o hindi, apektado tayo sa sinasabi ng iba. To tell me that you are not affected with such gossips is bullshit. Somehow, you know that deep down, naaapektuhan ka rin sa tsismis kesehodang totoo man ito o hindi. Bakit? Sino ba'ng tao ang gustong pag-usapan? Sino ba'ng tao ang hindi masasaktan lalo na't hindi naman totoo ang sinasabi nila? Do not underestimate the power of words."