It's Really Happening

You

A day at the fair

could never compare

to you

Your starry eyes

your shy, sweet smile

will get me through

All the pain

that's to come

and has come

and will always be with me--

All I need is

you

You when you're laughing,

you when you're reading,

you when you're crying,

you when you're needing

Somebody you can lean on

A shoulder to cry on

I'll be that person

for

You.

(as long as you will be, too)

Natsuki observed her finished poem, gently tapping her pen against her chin. Deciding it was acceptable, she slipped it into an envelope, biting her lip. Her nerves were zipping through her body like a jolt of electricity. She'd only dreamed of this happening, and yet in a few minutes, she would be going on a date with Yuri. Natsuki hesitated, then added something else to the envelope--something that she knew, or at least hoped, Yuri would love.

Natsuki was in luck. Her father was on a trip for work, and he wouldn't be back for a week. Although she knew most would find being left in a deserted house lonely, and frankly, creepy, Natsuki was perfectly happy. She could waltz around the house and watch T.V. as much as she wanted, and she didn't have to fear her father. Sighing with happiness. Natsuki lay serenely on the couch, waiting for the time to come to start heading over to Yuri's house.

Tick, tock.

Tick, tock,

Tick, tock.

The clock ticked almost in slow motion, as if it had all the time in the world. Which, I suppose, it does. Natsuki frowned at the clock on the wall, urging it to go faster. She glared at it.

Tick, tock.

Finally, Natsuki couldn't take it anymore. She stuck her tongue out at the clock just for the fun of it, swung the front door open, and left.

It was a beautiful, warm spring afternoon.The sun shone, lazily sending its rays down to Natsuki to warm her bare shoulders and ankles. After almost an hour of tossing different clothing items out of her wardrobe, she'd finally decided on wearing a peekaboo-style white shirt with a heart in the middle and a knee-length, perfect-amount-of-frilly pastel pink skirt. Natsuki adored the sandals she was wearing; they were the same color pink as her skirt, and they were comfortable and easy to walk in, unlike most shoes with heels. She had also paired a pastel pink purse with her outfit. The cherry on top was her hair. Natsuki couldn't stop tucking it and untucking it behind her ear--she wasn't used to going out in public with it like this. Her hair had absolutely nothing in it--no hair clips, no ribbons, nothing. It was down in its natural form. Natsuki had wanted to go for the simple style that Yuri wore so well with her hair. She hoped Yuri would like it . . .