Chapter XIII: Welcome to the Hidden Leaf

Inside the room was a large table with the konoha symbol at front. Behind it sat an old man smoking pipe reviewing tons of paperwork on his desk. He has a tan-skinned and had dark brown skin and a small goatee. His face was covered with wrinkles and liver spots of old age. He wears a customary hat and haori with a red, full-length kimono that is tied using a white sash and has a white cloak over him. "What brings you here Kakashi? Ah, I heard all your missions are 100% success"

Kakashi placed his hands behind his head and bowed a little "Thanks to the team effort. Naruto and Sasuke finally learned how to work together" He answered. "Thank you for guiding them. Who is she?" he asked looking at the red haired mage. "What village does she belong? I don't see any identification with her and she is strangely dressed which is a little bit suspicious. Is she of a concern and you troubled bringing her to me?" he added.

"While my team are on a mission yesterday there was a disturbance near our location. It was a strange noise and bright lights towering to the sky and we found a magical looking clearing and I found her there looking confused. We did our spying and investigation. We found out that she is no threat to us. During our conversation I learned that she is not from here and any other villages, she seems to have been transported here from other world, I did not discuss with her further because I suspect that she is under some sort of memory altering gentjustsu that altered her memories" he explained to the old man.

Erza was thinking of the last thing the copy nin said. What if he's right and all of my memories are not real? But she discarded his idea and said to herself that everything is clear and she knows exactly what happened before she found herself in this situation. "Until I can confirm her true identity and agenda, I request that she stays in the village so we can investigate further. I will take full responsibility for her" kakashi said awaiting the hokage's response. "Very well, I need you to keep an eye on her. We need to make sure that she is not endangering our village nor a spy from an enemy, we cannot risk the lives of our people, I entrust her to you Kakashi" the hokage said. "And you need to report every detail to me, we need to get her some clothes so she won't stand out and mimic the villagers and a place to stay. No one should know what's going on with her- it might attract unwanted guests" the old man narrated.

Why do they treat me like someone dangerous? Do I look that bad? Erza thought, as she stares blankly at the old man. "Thank you, if I find out anything I'll report at once. I'll take care of her needs from here" kakashi said as he made a small bow "Thank you for your kindness. I'll repay you once I get back home" Erza said before leaving mimicking Kakashi's bow. The jounin was surprised with her action and amazed on how fast she adopts. "You're welcome. You may take your leave now" the hokage responded. Kakashi nodded and led Erza to the door.

"So, where do I find these clothes the old man was referring to? And where should I stay? To be honest I think I should take a rest now" Erza asked. "Oh, you're going to stay in my apartment, I'm hardly ever home anyway. Given your situation you may not have any money with you to get a decent room and besides I promised the hokage that I'll be watching over you so the safest and easiest way is to stay with me and I'll look for some clothes for you." He explained "I don't think I can do that, I mean I do not want to be such a burden to anyone" Erza told him "You already slept in my room last night, so you do not have to be shy now" Kakashi assured her. Erza just nodded in response as she follows Kakashi on the way back to his apartment.

He opened the door and went right in looking back at Erza waiting for her to follow inside. "Welcome back" He chuckled. "Make yourself at home I'll be right back" he said the disappeared.