Chapter XLVI: The 6th Hokage & The 7th Guild Master

Homura and Koharu, the village elders voted for Erza to be the nest hokage however, she went back to Fiore so the two elder agreed with Suna's recommendation that Kakashi become their next Hokage. Kakashi wanders around Konoha thinking about his future as Hokage and looks at Minato's face on the monument. Just then, Might Guy appears and challenges him to race. Kakashi ultimately wins the race, albeit very closely, and Guy congratulates him on becoming Hokage, claiming that from now on Kakashi would be too busy for their challenges. However, Kakashi tells him that they will always be "eternal rivals" and that he is happy he is there and would need Guy's help running the village, leaving Guy in tears.

Later, the members of the Land of Fire, including the Fire Daimyō, as well as the Konoha Council, hold a meeting to officially appoint Kakashi as the next Hokage. The daimyō is unsure about whether to appoint Kakashi as the sixth or the seventh Hokage, as he had appointed Danzō as the sixth earlier, although Danzō did not formally take office. Koharu protests that Danzō should still be recognised as the sixth, while Homura shakes his head. In the end, the daimyō makes his decision that Kakashi Hatake now is the 6th Hokage of the Hidden Leaf Village.

"I remember Erza promised to return to Konoha to stay by my side when I become the hokage. I wonder how's she doing right now? I miss that woman" Kakashi said with a sigh as he looks at the sky

Meanwhile in Fiore, Natsu and Elfman start a fight which the rest of the guild soon enough joins in. Levy is stuck on the paperwork of the guild, stating that they ought to choose a seventh Guildmaster, one who could maintain the vulgar members. Her question is then answered shortly when an irked Erza scolds the brawling Mages to get back to their work, freezing all of them on the spot.

Baffled by the sudden decision, and the immediate approval of the guild-members, Erza stutters, but is interrupted by a young man, who is actually Mest Gryder, quickly accompanies Erza into the underground area of the guild and introduces her to Lumen Histoire. While explaining that only Guild masters are allowed in there. Surprised to see Mavis's body engulfed in a great crystal, Erza asks Mest for explanations, prompting the latter to state that he also hosts little information about it. Levy finally filed the guild's paperwork declaring Erza Uchiha as the 7th guild master of fairy tail.

 "I never have thought to be the master of the guild. I wonder if Kakashi finally became the hokage, he deserves it and is very capable of having that position" she said inwardly, the thoughts of kakashi made her blush as she smiles to herself.

Two months later in Konohagakure, Naruto, having recently acquired a prosthetic arm to replace the one he lost during the War, tries to get Kakashi Hatake's attention. After failing to ignore Naruto, Kakashi allows Naruto to ask him the same question everyone else does: when will he officially take on the responsibilities of Hokage. Naruto points out that Kakashi's face has already been added to the Hokage Rock, so for Tsunade to continue to be in charge confuses everyone. Naruto also argues that Tsunade is too old to continue being Hokage and unfit for the responsibilities, unaware that Tsunade is behind him.

After Tsunade angrily knocks Naruto unconscious, she too asks about Kakashi's plans. He asks for her to wait until his current mission is complete before demanding his decision. Kakashi is to oversee security for the maiden voyage of the Tobishachimaru, as most of Konoha's other forces are on guard duty for the Blood Prison in the wake of the death of Mui, its previous warden, several years earlier. Tsunade wishes Kakashi luck and reminds him that the Tobishachimaru's existence is currently supposed to be a secret from the other Five Great Shinobi Countries and that she have sent Erza a letter telling her to come home since Kakashi is now rokudaime.

He remembered that Erza told her a way on how they can communicate between worlds. She told him about the Miniature Communication Lacrima A rectangular-shaped device, resembling a mobile phone, allowing long-distance calls, although depending on the distance the connection could become weaker, thus making it harder to understand or decipher what the other side is saying.Luckily Erza is so skilled in magic and chakra control that it will work even if the other is on other dimension. This particular Lacrima was invented by Warren Rocko of Fairy Tail.