Chapter XLVII: The hokage's secretary

When Tsunade transferred the responsibilities to Kakashi she also transferred enormous tasks of paperwork and a lot more. Shikamaru was assigned as the hokage's personal assistant but was not enough to finish all work until their deadlines. Kakashi and Shikamaru are greatly exhausted but seemed like the work was never done. An idea came into Shikamaru's mind.

"What a drag! Why don't we hire a secretary?"

"huh? We'll ask Shizune to help out"

"No we need someone who has a strong leadership skill that can handle everything so we can rest from time to time, the paperwork can be learned"

"I wonder if she... never mind" 

"I'll post the opening tomorrow and handle the screening too, leave it to me and Sakura"

"What qualities are you exactly looking for the post?"

"Excellent shinobi skills that don't need protection, being part of the hokage's leadership can cause danger, like she can be targeted to get to you, let say worst case scenario I had to protect you, she should at least can protect herself. Excellent leadership skills to work, move, command and decide on our behalf. She also needs to be brave and presentable so we can bring her  along when we need to go on meetings."

"So she needs to be a girl?"

"Yes, because woman in nature is good in organizing and even if we find a warrior Sakura will train her so that's not a problem"

"Very well, I leave it to the both of you. Ahhh, I'm beat, I should get some sleep"

"see you tomorrow then"

The next morning the word spread quickly and more than a hundred and fifty applicants arrived. Most of them that came from other villages are fans of Naruto and wanted to get the post just to always see him, others are fans of Kakashi.

"What a drag" 

"This is you idea, so how can we pick the most qualified, I can't interview one hundred and fifty applicants"

"Let's make them take assessments that focus on a specific skill set and as we go along we can narrow them down as those who fails will be eliminated.

Part 1: written exams. The Examiners are given a paper that has scenario based questions and mathematical equations. This will measure their analytical and decision making skills. They were given exactly 1 hour to answer the test and whether they finish all or not they have to submit their answers. Result: 50 passed and will move forward the next phase, they are surprised that one of the applicants got a perfect score Irene Fernandez.

Part 2: Board Game- Shogi: It is more commonly known as Japanese chess, is just like chess, more or less a battle simulator requiring a strategical mind and prediction. Shikamaru explains the rules and mechanics of the game, it will be a tournament where they were divided into 25 pairs who will battle against each other- the winner advances and challenges the winner of the other. You will be rank and the top ten players will advance to the next round. Result: 10 passed and they notice the same person who had a perfect win score who actually is the champion and did not loose a single game. 

"Irene Fernandez again"

"She has no affiliation of any villages"

 "And is extremely good, it too good to be true, and is quite suspicious, we need to keep an eye on her"

Part 3: One on One Combat: This part of the exam will showcase your fighting skills and your ninja abilities, we will observe all your techniques and strength as well as weapon mastery. this is a five match event will draw who will be against who and the five emerging winners will advance to the final round. The winners of each match were called and led to a waiting room. As expected the mystery applicant finished her battle in 15 seconds which raised Shikamaru's and Sakura's eye brow.