Chapter 17

After escaping the mirror sea, the group quickly went back to base. When they arrived, they quickly brought Ethan to the infirmary.

At the infirmary...

Enterprise: "Vestal!"

Vestal: "Enterprise, what happened?!"

Enterprise: "Ethan got shot in the head with some sort of electric beam. I think something's wrong with his head. He won't wake up."

Vestal: "Okay, let me take a look. Oh dear, he has burnt marks on his forehead! And one of his arms and legs is broken."

Enterprise: "It's all my fault... If only I..."

Edward then placed his hand on her shoulder.

Edward: "Enterprise, it wasn't your fault. You were controlled by the sirens. You didn't know what you were doing."

Enterprise: "But..."

Vestal: "Okay, I'm going to treat him but I need to be alone."

Edward: "We understand."

The two then left the room and went to Ethan's office.

In Ethan's office...

Enterprise: "What have I done..." she said as she looked down at the floor, feeling guilty.

Edward then handed her a cup of coffee.

Edward: "Here. It will help you feel better."

Enterprise then took a sip from the cup.

Edward: "Enterprise, I have to check on the others. Will you be alright on your own here?"

Enterprise: "Yeah. I'll be fine."

Edward then left the room. When she was alone, Enterprise began crying.

Enterprise: "All because of my feelings, I hurt the one that was most precious to me." she said as she wiped away her tears.

After letting out all of her emotions, she went to her room to rest.

At Edward's office...

Edward had just finished checking up on the rest of the shipgirls. He was relieved that none of them are hurt. Sitting on his chair, he pulled out a box of cigarettes and lit it. As he was smoking, Belfast entered the room.

Belfast: "Master Edward, here is your coffee." she said as she placed the coffee on his desk.

Edward: "Thanks Belfast."

Belfast: "Is master Ethan going to be alright? I heard he got injured pretty badly."

Edward: "Yeah. He'll be fine. At least I hope so..."

A few days later...

Edward and Enterprise were called to the sickbay to see  Ethan's condition. When they arrived, they saw Vestal waiting for them outside.

Edward: "Vestal, is Ethan alright?"

Vestal: "Yes. All his injuries are healed, but..."

Edward: "But what?"

Vestal: "There's something wrong with his head. I think you should see it for yourself."

They then went inside and saw Ethan sitting on the bed. Enterprise quickly ran up to him and gave him a hug.

Enterprise: "Ethan, I'm so glad you're alright. I'm sorry for hurting you. I..."

Ethan: "Uhh, I'm sorry but who are you?"