Chapter 7

After Dhruv had stormed out of Kavya's apartment, Kavya had silently cleaned up the table and the dinner preparations. She was at a loss for words because she had no explanation for the events that unfolded last night.

Kavya was now folding her clothes and putting them in her suitcase because she had to leave for her best friend Raina Kashyap's wedding. Her phone started to ring and it was Raina.

Kavya picked it up and began to talk, "Hello?"

"Hi, Kav! How are you doing?" answered Raina enthusiastically.

"Great! How are all the wedding preparations coming along?"

"All fine!" she said with confidence in her voice. "Waiting for you to come and see me in Udaipur so you can watch me get married," Raina said gushing.

Dhruv's home is also in Udaipur. Ugh! I should stop thinking about him.

"Are you and Sarah coming together?" asked Raina.

Sarah was another friend of Kavya and Raina's. Raina met Sarah when she was going to school outside of India. Raina and Sarah had become best friends and Raina introduced Sarah to Kavya. Ever since then, all three of them were best friends.

"Sarah is supposed to photograph the wedding right? And I'm supposed to be her assistant?" said Kavya double checking if she knew her job correctly.

"Yes! Make sure to call Sarah up and talk to her."

"Will do Raina. Anyways, I'll speak to you later."

"Bye."

"Bye."

•••

"I told you a hundred times to not call me when I'm in Mumbai!" yelled Dhruv."I don't want to talk to any family members!" said Dhruv yelling at the top of his lungs.

The other person on the line responded angrily with screaming.

"Do not try to justify anything! I don't want to hear your bullshit excuses. You always have a way of justifying your actions. You need to accept yourself as well as who you are! I want you to be happy but if you aren't going to.."

The other person interrupted Dhruv's lecture by yelling again.

"You are pointless. Don't call me again otherwise, I'll block you."

He threw down his phone in frustration and clutched his head in his hands. Dhruv collapsed on the couch and angrily began to repent his actions. Why he even said 'yes' in the first place.

Dhruv then realized that he stormed out on Kavya. I'll apologize to her tomorrow when my anger cools off as well as explain why I stormed out. I might get into a fight with her as well and that would be awful.

Dhruv closed his eyes and sighed.

•••

The sun began to set as Kavya pulled out her passport to have it ready for tomorrow's flight. Kavya's phone began to ring and she picked it up.

It was the guard downstairs who was extremely panicked.

"Kavya ma'am! Dhruv left the house completely drunk. He got inside a taxi and left somewhere and has not been back since morning. It is night now."

Kavya's heart began to race. "Did he say anything before leaving?"

"Nothing. Not a single word. I'll send the keys up to this apartment. Maybe there is a clue as to where he went.'

"Okay thanks," said Kavya as she hung up.

The keys got sent up to her room and she quickly unlocked his apartment. Kavya rushed inside. She looked around and suddenly she knocked over his jacket which was on a chair. Dhruv's phone as well as two photos fell out.

She flipped over the photo and looked at it. There was a girl in ethnic wear and they both were holding hands while in the rain. She couldn't see the girl's face clearly but the guy in the picture was obviously Dhruv.

As she was about to turn the other photo around to see what was on it, she remembered what she had arrived for in the first place. Kavya quickly shoved the photos in her pocket and noticed that he also did not take his phone with him.

"This idiot didn't even take his phone," said Kavya gritting her teeth in anger.

Kavya rushed out the door and ran down the stairs as she grabbed a taxi and then a thought struck her.

Dhruv had given her his spare phone. She could use it perhaps to find out his location.

The heavy rain began to fall down as she shut the door of the taxi behind her.