Chapter 11

First Kavya thought that Raina was upset with them. However, Raina's frown melted into a smile. A very fake one.

"So glad you guys made it! I've missed you all so much and I hope that you both will enjoy the wedding. Anyways I should stop being so formal. How was the plane flight?"

"It was good. Especially Kavya's," said Sarah smirking.

Raina smiled and glanced at Kavya. Even though Raina had approached them with a sweet smile. She looked dead tired. And not from wedding preparations. Something was clearly bothering her. You could read it on her face.

"I'd like you both to come and meet my fiancee and show you guys around the place. Also, my parents should be here to meet you both."

A minute later, Raina's parents approached both Kavya and Sarah. Raina's mom looked uptight and strict. She looked down at Kavya and Sarah haughtily and her lips curved into an upward nasty smirk. And Raina's father? He looked.. drunk.

"Darling! How are you?" asked Raina's mom.

"Just fine aunty. How are you?"

"Please don't call me aunty dear. Just call me Sheila. Why don't you try some of that lovely face lightening cream in my room? Your skin is far too dark. Raina will get it for you. Also Raina please tell the barista to make some turmeric lattes. I can't do any more with these unhealthy drinks. Just pay him some extra because he keeps claiming that it will tarnish his reputation if he makes such a drink."

"Oh yeah? Well not everyone can be bought by money Mrs. Kashyap?" said Sarah snarling.

"I told you to call me.."

"Sheila, I know. Remember your age though. The killer youth isn't showing on those wrinkles. Come on Raina. Show us the groom." said Sarah walking away sassily.

Kavya covered her mouth to prevent laughter from coming out. She knew that Sarah couldn't tolerate these kinds of people.

"Come, I'll show you around," said Raina.

A surprise awaits!

•••

"We were quite lucky to get this venue for our wedding. I absolutely love the scenery and the poolside." raved Raina.

Raina had been showing them around the property for a while. Sarah and Kavya simply nodded and looked around. They only had to know all this stuff since they would be helping in photographing the wedding. They were practically working at the party.

"My boyfriend must be sitting over there. Come."

All three girls climbed up the grass and began to climb the stone steps and walk across to a huge veranda. There were drinks and snacks on the table and a guy was sitting with his back faced towards Raina.

"Baby! What are you doing sitting there all alone? Come, meet my childhood best friends. They have been dying to meet you. Meet Kavya and Sarah."

The guy immediately got up and turned around.

Sarah dropped her phone out of her hand.

Kavya felt the ground slip underneath her.

Raina gushed.

It was Dhruv Kohli. He was her best friend Raina's fiancee. And she was set to marry him in a couple of days.