Chapter 12

Kavya almost fell to the ground when she saw Dhruv's face. Dhruv also looked back at her with a look of panic and shock as well.

Dhruv looked down at his phone and began to text Kavya while Raina was blabbering about the wedding preparations and what errands needed to be completed.

"Um. Nice to meet you." Kavya says awkwardly as her face contorts from shock to a fake smile.

"Same here," said Dhruv.

D: You are Raina's friend?

K: You are Raina's fiancee?

D: Well... I mean, I'm still happy to hang out with you and go out on dates with you :) I was actually going to ask you out on a date today. Maybe we can discuss this over a candlelight dinner?

Kavya looked up at Dhruv's face and he winked at her. She gaped at him.

K: WTF? You are just a lying cheating playboy! How dare you play my friend like that? She loves you. Wait till I tell this to Raina.

D: There is more to this situation that you think there is. Please let me explain this to you.

Kavya was about to yell out loud in front of everyone when she was interrupted by her friend.

"Kavya?" questioned Raina.

Shit. I think she noticed us texting.

"Oh.. um. Sorry! I'm just really tired from the plane flight."

"Totally fine! Why don't I send you to the hotel with the driver and you can take some rest and come back tomorrow?"

"That sounds good."

Kavya looked up to find Dhruv staring at her. She turns around and doesn't look back at him.

What more shock awaits us?

•••

"What do you expect me to do? You asked me to photograph the wedding and you expect me to use this lens. You know what Raina. I quit. Enjoy your shitty uptight wedding and shove your turmeric lattes in your mouth to the point where you end up choking." cried Sarah out loud as she stormed off.

"What happened?" asked Kavya running over to Raina.

Sarah and Raina appeared to be arguing and Sarah had stormed off.

"She's been on the edge ever since this morning. I don't know why. And I needed her to run some errands for me but now she's mad and now I can't get it done." said Raina.

"Oh.. I'm sorry about that Raina, I'm sure Sarah will come around though. "I'll help you out." offered Kavya

"Really?" said Raina.

"Yes. Just tell me what you need me to do."

"Great! First I need you to pick up my necklace from Dhruv's house!"

"Um, I'm sorry. What?" asked Kavya incredulously.

"It broke and I needed him to get it repaired. Now I don't have it. Can you please head to his house and pick it up?"

Kavya sighed. She couldn't say no to Raina because it would look suspicious. "Oh and how did you meet Dhruv?" asked Kavya.

"We practically grew up together. We are childhood best friends."

I wonder how I never found out about him.

"Fine. Text me the address."

"Great! Thanks."

•••

Kavya felt as if a series of unprecedented events were about to occur. She knew that she really liked Dhruv and he seemed to be reciprocating the same attraction. Yet she knew that it was completely unjust to her friend to be going behind her back and doing all this.

Kavya really didn't want to go to Dhruv's house because he always made her feel like a giddy pre-teen girl who was experiencing her first crush.

And that is exactly how she felt when she knocked on Dhruv's door.

When he answered shirtless.