Chapter 6

I woke up to the sound of the TV playing in the living room. I walked out of the bedroom and saw Even sitting on the couch watching TV. He stood up when he saw me. "I'm so sorry, did the TV wake you?" he asked sincerely. "No, it's ok. I should go anyway. It's Sunday, I'm sure you just want to chill." I said shaking my head, "I'm sorry." Even raised his eyebrows and laughed a little. "Saturday is chill day." he said. I smiled at the floor. "Don't worry Isak. You can stay as long as you need to." I was almost going to tear up, but I didn't. Instead I just thanked him. "What are you watching?" I said on my to the couch. 

***

I had slept in the bedroom while Even slept on the couch the whole weekend. No matter how many times I insisted I could sleep on the couch or the floor, he made me sleep on his bed. He was generous like that. It  was Monday morning when I got a text. It was from my dad. 

Even knocked on the bedroom door

Even knocked on the bedroom door. "Just come in Even. This is your apartment." Even chuckled and walked in. "You ok?" he asked while opening his closet. "Yeah, I think so." I said weakly. "We have school in an hour. You don't need to go if you don't want to Isak." I got up and took a new change of clothes out of my bag. "I'm going to school." I said while wiping the tears I didn't even notice come down my cheek. He came close to me. "You want to talk about it?". "Mom's going to rehab, dad thinks sending me weekly  money is solving all the problems they've caused me." He hugged me. It always felt warm hugging him. I started crying. "Thank you for everything Even. Thank you so much." I said still hugging him. He loosened the hug and went to the bathroom to get ready for school. 

***

We took the bus to school together, but our timetables were completely different. At lunch I sat with the boys. We talked about video games, parties, and....girls.. I couldn't handle it anymore. I was sure of who I was, and I wanted to come out. "I'M GAY" I blurted out, turning red. They looked at me shocked. "Cool" Jonas said. "Really?" I said. "Yeah" Mahdi said, laughing. "Did you think we were homophobic?" Magnus asked. "No, of course not. I've just haven't come out to anyone yet.." I said mumbling. "We were the first people you came out to?" Magnus said. "Yeah" I laughed. "AWESOME!" he yelled, Jonas and Mahdi agreed. I guess coming out was easy.