Chapter 11

Legolas swipes his hand alongside the ground moving a few leafs in his line of vision. He smiles knowingly, he has found warg tracks. He looks up in the direction they were headed, then dashes forward in search for his fair maiden. He had a sharp pain in his heart, for he thought Tauriel had perished. He had dreaded the thought of witnessing Azog tear her heart out,crumbling it before him. Legolas shivered at the thought of it. He wasn't going to loose the love of his life. Not now, not ever.

He sits atop a tree, drawing his bow and aiming it at an orc standing by the gate of the cave. He releases it, shooting him between the eyes. Before the second orc could react, Legolas swiftly aims and fires, hitting him.

He jumps off his perch in the tree, sneaking into the orc infested cave with his bow drawn and daggers tucked inside his boot.

He had no interest in stealing the lives of his sworn enemies, the only thing on his mind was freeing Tauriel. He hoped to not walk around the corner to see Tauriel's mangled body lying against the cave floor in a pool of blood. He just wanted her back. To wipe her tears when she was despairing. To hold her in his arms while she fell into a deep sleep. To tell her how he felt about her...

Legolas presses himself against the icy cave wall, tiptoeing under a pack of guards on a low clif above him. He takes a deep breath, quietly sneaking into the next cave opening.
Two chains lay across the rocky surface.

Did he restrain Tauriel with these?

He swiftly makes his way to the other side if the widely spaced cave, noticing the blood stains on the cave ground.

"Tell me." Azogs reached voice booms, shaking the rocky walls. Who could he be talking to?

"Never."

Tauriel. Legolas rushes past the corner, drawing his bow and aiming it towards the pale orc's face. "Distant yourself from her, beast."

Tauriel's eyes darted to Legolas. She had a gash across her eyebrow with bruises and large wounds across her arms and the torn part in her tunic. What has he done...

"Legolas..." Was all she could mutter before she fell back, shutting her eyes into an unconscious deep sleep.

"What a surprise. The hero has come to rescue his princess. It's humorous though. I heard you were betrothed to princess Velayah of Seridel. Now why would you be so worried about a cast down silvan elf?" He gazes at a pointed dagger stained with blood maliciously.

"That is none of your concern." He hisses, bow still drawn.

The pale orc laughs cynically as he makes his way towards Tauriel. Legolas pulls his bow back even more, fighting back the urge to release the sharp arrow. "Get away from her." Legolas stares at Azog dead in the eyes with vengeful intentions. "I don't think I'm going to do that. Certainly not without anything in return."

"Anything. Just please... Let her go." Legolas pleads, loosening his grip on the bow string. "Your kingdom. Added to that, I would like a... Visit... With the king." He rottenly smiles, tilting Tauriel's chin up with a blade.

"Legolas... Don't..." Tauriel whispers, barley able to stay awake. "Tauriel... I have to. He'll kill you."

Legolas turns to Azog. "I won't stand in the way of your stealing of my kingdom. But you are to leave Tauriel unharmed..." Azog nods, backing away from Tauriel and disappearing into the shadows. Legolas makes his way to the half-awake elleth, wiping the blood from her nose. He slams his bow into the chains cuffed around her wrists, breaking the restrains. He wraps his arms around her back and legs, lifting her up in his arms with such force. Tauriel leans her head back in thanks that her prince hand come to save her, that he wasn't going to let her go.

She couldn't help but feel guilty. Because of her, Mirkwood was given up, and Azog surely has intentions to kill king Thranduil. Of course she felt terrible for the sacrifices, butm also since she knew that it wasn't for a good cause. For Azog had poisoned her with something that was definite to kill her within a few days.

Legolas had sacrificed his father's life for nothing.

Hey ^_^ Merry late Christmas! I'm still on break and haven't had New Years, so I probably won't publish until after. I really hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote! All comments are appreciated greatly, I'm glad to answer any questions. Thank you so much for the support! I love you all and have a Happy New Years!!💜🎉🎈🎊